Chapter 20: Grantie Thalsss

PERCY JACKSON

"MEEEE!" a voice came from the crowd.

I looked over and saw a boy. He looked around 5 years old. He had curly brunette hair which were a bit of a mess. He had freckles and upturned eyebrows, a sarcastic smile and a gleam in his blue eyes. He wore a button down black shirt with green palm leaves all over it. The shirt was paired with black jeans and sneakers of the same colour.

Other Thalia sighed and rolled her eyes. The kid probably noticed, "Oh, come on, Grantie Thalsss! I am hurt." He clasped his hand to the right of his chest. Wait. Grantie?

'Other side, idiot!" a young girl said from the crowd. I didn't know who as there were a lot of kids. The boy moved his hand to the other side of his chest quickly. Some of us chuckled.

"Grantie?" I asked. He nodded vigorously. "She is my mom's cousin, so my aunt. She is my dad's aunt in a way, so my great auntie. Sooo, a few of us call her Grantie!!" He said excitedly.

The other Thalia groaned. She probably hated this nickname. "Just tell them about yourself already!" She whined.

The boy gave a weird expression. It was like a friendly frown. He also liked like he was trying to hide a smirk and his eyebrows were all scrunched up. I had seen that expression on the Stolls a lot of times.

Weird.

"Okay, okay. My name is Zacharias George Stoll." He said. A few coughs from behind, and we looked in that direction. Travis and Connor Stoll were choking on their Dr. Peppers.

How they got that, I don't know. Outside drinks were not allowed here. Oh well, children of Hermes had a special knack for this stuff.

Lee Fletcher and Michael Yew, sons of Apollo, ran over to them and gave them the Heimlich maneuver. This was the second time Lee was giving someone this within the span of five minutes. Eventually, the brothers calmed down.

"Which one of us is your father?" Travis asked.

"Who is the mother?" Connor added.

"Tell us!!!" They exclaimed in unison.

"Let the boy speak!" Other Thalia snapped. Travis and Connor immediately shut up. Everyone was scared of Thalia.

"Umm," Zacharias continued, "Everyone calls me Zach. I will be 5 in a week. My dad is Travis Stoll-" a whoop from Travis, "and mom is Katie Gardner." He finished. Wow. Katie had a rivalry with the Stolls. They had decorated the Demeter cabin's rood with chocolate Easter bunnies once and man, was Katie mad.

"WHAT?!" Katie yelled. She was next to me so I told my eardrums to rest in peace. "Me and Travis?! No no no no. You must be mistaken!" She ranted, but I swear she was blushing a little.

"He literally popped out of you, Katie!" Thalia said. "Come on Katie-Kat! I can't be that bad!" Travis said jokingly, but there was a tinge of hurt in his voice. Katie was about to retort, but Chiron interjected.

"Maybe we can continue? It's getting late." He said and then looked at Zach, "Would you happen to have any powers, young man?" He asked with a smile.

He looked over at Thalia. She nodded. "When I am scared, plants grow around me and..." He trailed off. "Come on, Zach, it's nothing to be ashamed of." Estelle said with a smile. Her voice was similar to mom. I couldn't help but smile a little.

Zach took a deep breath. "I can open locks like this." He said and snapped a finger.

Silence.

Everyone burst into cheers and clapped to make the legacy of Hermes and Demeter feel better. He smiled and sat back down.

"Wait," I said, "Aiden?"

"That's me!" Aiden replied.

"Do you have any powers?"

"Uhh... I don't burn?"

"That's so cool!" Travis said.
"Amazingggg!" Connor added.
All of us cheered again.

Aiden grinned and leaned back in his place again. "Uhhh, Sil, go ahead!"

Another girl got up. She had sandy, shoulder length hair with looks that could kill. Her eyes were brown and she had freckles all over her face. She wore a red dress with ribbons on her shoulders and knee length leggings of the same colour with white high tops.

"Hi... my name is Silena Clarisse Rodriguez. I am 4...." She said shyly. Silena's eyes were wide and she looked over at the Other Thalia. "Is she named after me?" Thalia nodded. She flashed a grin which didn't seem to reach her eyes.

Dread settled in my chest and my heart felt heavy. A thought entered my mind, a thought I didn't want. I shook my head and told the dreadful thought to fuck off. It didn't.

I looked over at Silena who frowned for a second but turned that frown upside down and grinned at Silena Jr. "Beautiful name." She said. "Thank you!" The younger one said.

"My parents are Chris and Clarisse!" She said, more confidently than before. I exchanged looks with Grover and some other campers. All of us had one question, "Hasn't Chris sided with Luke?" but no one dared ask. We didn't want to make the little girl feel bad.

Other Thalia, as if reading our minds, suddenly said, "He comes back to us in the summer." We all nodded

"I can also open any locks and mommy says I am stronger than some other people of my age." She said. We all cheered and clapped.

Suddenly, there was a blinding flash of light and a human figure stood there. When I saw who it was, I was shocked, surprised and bursting with happiness at the same time.

______________________End____________________

That was it for this chapter! I hope you all liked it!

Please vote, comment and follow!

xx
Gryffinclaw Demigod.

._Word count: 972_.