chapter two

"You got your finger on the trigger, but your trigger finger's mine."

COPYCAT- Billie Eilish

~~~

DOVE didn't know how long she had been asleep for on the train to the Capitol, but she had to be awoken by another friendly face.

"Morning sunshine." The man pushed her arm, snapping her awake.

"Glaïne?!" Dove remarked, shocked from her sudden awakening and by him towering over her.

Glaïne Worthie was Dove's stylist during her Games, and has stuck by her ever since. Always in District 4 to dress up Finnick and Dove for their weekly, or daily, visits to the Capitol, Dove grew fond of him. Being possibly the only person from the Capitol whom she likes, Dove would also call him a good friend.

"We're in the Capitol, sweetheart. Get up." Glaïne said, playfully kicking her feet so she would stand up.

"Wow. I've got a lot of work to do before you can visit President Snow." Glaïne joked. Dove playfully nudged his arm, and strutted off the train.

At the station she was swarmed by a mass of Capitol people, all desperately wanting to touch her, have her autograph, marry her. The list could quite frankly go on and on. Glaïne held tightly onto Dove's side, pulling her through the hoards of crazed fans.

"People, people, your darling has a President to meet. Please, move out of the way!" Glaïne chanted through the crowds.

They started to disperse and make room slightly, just enough for her to walk. Dove couldn't believe after all these years, people were still obsessed by her. She wanted to speak up, thank everyone for their love, but Glaïne was handling it very well on his own.

"Our Siren! Who are you wearing?!"

"Siren, how long are you in the Capitol for?!"

"Siren, will we see you at the Capitol party tonight?!"

As they escaped the masses, Dove and Glaïne were met by a chauffeur ready to take them to Glaïne's house so he could make her presentable.

"There's a Capitol party tonight?" Dove asked Glaïne.

"Oh, shit. Did I not tell you?" Glaïne clenched his teeth.

"GLAÏNE." Dove stared at him in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, but I'll be right with you, and you'll see some friendly faces anyway." Glaïne reassured her.

"You're lucky I love you or I'd shove you right out of this car." Dove sighed.

"Aggression." Glaïne pretended to puke, which made Dove giggle, just a little bit.

The car ride was fast. Glaïne caught her up on entitling she'd missed whilst she's been in District 4. Everything from parties to admirers, so on so forth.

As they entered his house, a rack of potential outfits were already being steamed by some of Glaïne's assistants. After her victory in the 68th Hunger Games, Glaïne was immensely popular. Everyone wanted his creations; everyone wanted to be their beloved Siren.

A few of his outfits immediately caught Dove's eye. They were all of similar colour, after all, it would be almost treason to the Capitol if she wore something that wasn't green, blue or white.

"I like this one." Dove said, reaching for the beautiful dress.

"NO TOUCHING." Glaïne dragged her away dramatically. Dove shrugged him off, throwing her hands up in defence.