chapter ten

"We never believed we'd grow up like this."

Us- James Bay

~~~

"SOMEONE'S here." Dove stated to the others.

She grabbed her trident and jumped up from her seat on the sand. Katniss grabbed her bow as Finnick and Peeta too armed themselves.

"Johanna..?" Dove muttered to herself.

"What?" Katniss questioned.

"Johanna!" Dove yelled, running to her friend.

"Dove!" Johanna yelled back, as she embraced her into a hug.

"I guess we have more allies." Peeta said to Katniss.

"What happened to you?" Dove asked Johanna, who was covered from head to toe in blood.

"We were all the way deep in the jungle, where I thought it was gonna be safe!" Johanna said through gritted teeth. "That's when the rain started. I thought it was water, it turned out to be blood." She laughed in an unsettling manner.

"We were stumbling around gagging on it blind." Johanna sighed. "That's when Blight hit the forcefield. He wasn't much, but he was from home." She said sadly.

"I'm so sorry, Jo." Dove said sadly, as she rubbed Johanna's arm.

"Tick tock." Wiress interrupted. "Tick tock."

"What's wrong with her?" Katniss asked.

"She's in shock. Dehydration isn't helping. Do you have fresh water?" Beetee replied.

"We can get you some." Peeta said.

"Tick tock." Wiress said, grabbing Johanna's arm. "Tick tock." "Tick tock."

"Just, STOP!" Johanna said to Wiress, agitated, grabbing her arms.

"HEY! Get off of her." Katniss interfered.

"Hey! What're you doing?" Johanna glared. Finnick pulled Katniss away from Johanna as Dove tried to calm her down.

"I got them out for you!" Johanna stated.

"For me? What does that even mean?" Katniss asked confused.

"Well you did want them as allies." Peeta replied.

Katniss looked at Johanna who was being pulled away by Finnick. She made eye contact with Wiress, who was still in shock.

"Let's get you cleaned up." Katniss smiled weakly to Wiress.

"Tick tock."

"Tick tock. Okay."

Katniss washed the blood off of Wiress as Johanna cleaned her axe in the water. Meanwhile, Finnick and Dove were sat on the sand, taking a moment to be with each other.

"What are you thinking?" Dove smiled at Finnick who was gazing into the distance.

"I'm thinking about you." Finnick smiled warmly, turning to face Dove.

Dove felt her cheeks burn as she looked down, smiling to herself. Finnick raised her chin in his hand so her eyes met his again, as he leaned in to feel her lips against his. Finnick kissed her desperately, never wanting to lose this feeling again. He smirked between breaths. It was perfect, until the familiar whirling of thunder and lighting caught their attention.

"Tick tock." Wiress looked at Katniss.

"It's a clock..." Katniss mumbled, catching their attention. "Oh my god. It's a clock. It's a clock! Wiress, you're a genius!" Katniss exacerbated, running to her allies.