chapter thirteen

"But I'm holding you closer than most, cause' you are my heaven."

A Drop In The Ocean- Ron Pope

~~~

"...Dove?" Finnick muttered in disbelief.

Finnick's eyes had widened enormously, scanning Dove's entire face and body as if he didn't believe she was really there. He couldn't move. He felt paralysed in his position, like someone had taken all the air out of his lungs.

"Hey, Finnick." Dove smiled tearfully.

Finnick cautiously walked towards her. His pace was slow, he thought his mind was playing a twisted joke on him. When Finnick made eye contact with Coraz, he gave him a subtle nod, as if confirming it was the real her.

Finnick sped up, practically running towards Dove. As he reached her he held out both his hands, touching her body to check if it was really her.

When he felt her warm body on his hands, he pulled her into his body. Tears fell from Finnick's eyes, his large embrace not letting her go for a second. Dove buried her face into his chest, as she relaxed into his body. Finnick cupped the back of her head and her face, looking down at the face he missed so much.

Finnick kissed her passionately. A long awaited, desperate kiss between the two Victors who thought they'd lost each other forever. Finnick never wanted the kiss to end, he couldn't believe how much he had missed Dove. Seeing her, alive and well, right in front of him, it felt like all his worries had flooded away.

"Ahem." Coraz interrupted, leaning in the doorway.

The two pulled away from the kiss, smiling at each other like little kids. Finnick didn't let her go, he put his forehead to hers, as Dove wiped a tear from his cheek.

"God, I thought I'd lost you." Finnick whispered.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." Dove said sadly.

"How- How are you-" Finnick tried to ask, but stopped himself. He didn't know if he wanted an answer.

"I promise I'll explain everything." Dove smiled, cupping Finnick's face.

"I know you will." Finnick smirked.

"Until then." Coraz interrupted. "Come with me."

Coraz escorted Finnick to his living quarters, which weren't too far away from Dove's. Finnick didn't let Dove's hand fall from his grip the entire walk.

"This is you." Coraz said, opening the door.

As Finnick walked into the confined room, Coraz shut the door behind him, leaving a confused look on Dove's face.

"So." He began. "You two have a lot of explaining to do." Coraz joked, keeping a serious face.

Dove shifted in her place awkwardly, sitting on the edge of Finnick's desk. She broke contact with the two men, making it obvious she was uncomfortable.

"What's with her?" Coraz asked Finnick, looking to Dove.

"We had sex. Now it's weird." Finnick smirked.

Dove's mouth gaped open. She saw Coraz's eyebrows lift on his face at Finnick's response. Finnick laughed to himself slightly at Dove's astonished face.

"You cheeky motherfuckers." Coraz remarked.

"You're both assholes." Dove said, pretending to storm out in protest.