|13|

|Chapter 13|

ARIANA

"So Ace, I heard some of your music. I think you're really talented."

I smiled as I watched my mom and Ace talk. They seem to really get along, which made me happy.

He smiled and shrugged. "Well thank you Joan. But I'm not even half as talented as your daughter here."

"Ace hush." I bumped him with my shoulder.

"What, it's true." He said as he turned from mom and Frankie to look at me. "You know you can blow girl."

I laughed covering my face with my hand.

"You know, your eyes are really beautiful. Some how I've never noticed." I mumbled turning my head to the side.

Ace stared back at me and frowned. "Uh Ari, you feeling ok?"

"I'm fine what are you talking about?" I said quickly yet, trying to sound as normal as possible.

He nodded slowly. "Alright, if you say so Grande."

As I looked way from him, I immediately made eye contact with Frankie. He was just staring at me from across the table. I knew that he knew something.

We kept eye contact as is took a sip of my water.

"Hey Ariana?"

"Yes Frankie?" I tried my best to not let him see me sweat.

He gave me a smile. "Mind if I talk to you for just a second?"

"I'm eating."

"It'll be here when we come back." He said with a raised eyebrow.

I mouthed a quick "No" to him and he nodded his head towards the side.

"Get up now." He mouthed back and I rolled my eyes before looking to Ace.

"Hey I'll be right back."

He nodded still in a conversation with mom. I stood up sitting my napkin down and walking over to the side with Frankie right behind me.

"You like him, don't you?" Wow, he didn't waste any time.

My eyes grew big and I shook my head. "What, why would you think that Frankie?"

"Oh my god Ace- you're so funny- oh my, your eyes are so beautiful. I never noticed before, kiss me." He said in a high pitched voice while flipping his imaginary hair.

"Ok first, I do not sound like that and I did not say kiss me!"

Frankie shook his head and tapped my nose. "But you were thinking it."

I groaned and looked away from him. "Fine, so what if I do?"

Frankie shrugged. "Nothing, it's just I know you. So I'm really surprised you haven't made any moves on him yet."

I shook my head as I glanced over to Ace. "Believe me, I've been throwing hints. But he's just not catching them."

"Well maybe he's the type of guy that doesn't understand hints. So just tell him how you feel."

"Oh no. I couldn't do that, I mean he's already said before that he doesn't do relationships. He doesn't want to get involved with that."

He sighed and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Oh Ariana. Sweet baby sister, you have so much to learn."

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics and pushed his arm off of me. "Whatever."

As I walked away for him I made my way back to the table, I could see mom still talking Ace's ear off. She was standing up and I knew she was ready to leave.

"I guess I should be going, thanks for coming out to lunch with us. It was really nice getting to know you." Mom said with a smile.

He shrugged and rubbed his stomach. "Thanks for the invite. It was delicious."

Mom gave him a hug and walked away with Frankie to the car.

"Better than whatever that slut brought for you." I mumbled under my breath but he heard me.

"Woah, woah Ariana. What has gotten into you, you're so vulgar and nasty suddenly." He chuckled.

"What, you didn't know I could be nasty Ace?"

He shook his hand and licked his lips. "Oh really?"

I bit down on my bottom lip and shrugged. "Would you like to find out just how nasty I can get?"

"Ariana.. I don't know what's going on right now. But I do know that if you don't remove your hands, we may have a problem or two soon."

I looked down at my hands placed on his upper thigh. I just slowly moved it up and back down before smirking at him. "Oops, sorry."

<><><>

The next day.

"Alright, so tour. It starts soon, Ace my man you're doing amazing as hell right now. Everything that you've put out is still on the charts, so we don't have to worry much about trying to market that. I know people will want to come and see you."

Ace nodded as he rolled around in his chair. "Ouu no doubt Scooter! Did you know I have my own fans now, like real life fans."

Everyone in the room laughed including myself. He was so excited it was kinda cute.

I didn't even realize I was staring until I felt Ace rap the bottom of my chin.

"Aye, I know I'm sexy and all. But staring is kinda rude Grande."

My cheeks began to hurt just how hard I was blushing. "Oh shut up. Don't flatter yourself, I was actually staring at the pimple on your forehead."

He gasped and his hands flew to his face. "No! Not my perfect face, you take that back!"

I just laughed and shrugged. He's so right, his face is perfect.

He nodded and winked at me. "Well thanks girl."

"Wha-"

"You said my face was perfect. I know."

I slapped my hand against my head and sunk down in my chair. Boy I just keep finding ways to embarrass myself.

"Ok, so Ariana. I know you wanted to get back in the studio soon, so I set up some times for you to get in. Along with you Ace, I was actually thinking you two could just go together."

"Uhh is there a reason for that Scooter?" Not that I minded at all.

He nodded. "Yup, Ari you're a pro in this business. So I need for you to show Y/N every skill you know. It could really be helpful."

Every skill I know huh?

I smiled and nodded. "Sounds good, is that ok with you Ace?"

Ace shrugged and threw his thumb in the air. "Hells yeah. Ariana I think we're gonna make a good team."

I licked my lips and smiled up at him. "Of course we will."

───────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Did you guys enjoy this chapter?🤔Be honest, I love your feedback!

Let me know your thoughts on everything pls💭

кαүℓιη мαяιε ♡