Chapter 8

Tommy woke up the next morning. He felt like absolute shit. His phone was on his bedside table. He took it and checked the time. 3 pm. Tommy's eyes widened and he shot up. Because of it he got dizzy and black spots entered his vision. He rubbed his head and stood up, slowly this time. He started to stumble out of his room and down the stairs.

"Hi Tommy! How are you feeling?" Phil sat in the kitchen, drinking coffee. Tommy only grumbled something in response. Phil smiled. Tommy thought that it was a pity smile. It looked like one, and it felt like one. Pity smiles are something  Tommy hates, so he looked away. Phil sighed.

"Look, Tom, you've got a 39°C fever, so you should go back up to bed", Phil seemed to try to give Tommy a comforting smile, but Tommy didn't fall for it. This guy was trying to gain his trust. Yep. That was it. He didn't actually care-

"Tommy? Did you hear me?" Phil asked softly. Tommy started to glare at him. He just interrupted Tommy's thoughts! He always does! What a bitch. 

"Or we could watch a movie?" Phil asked, nodding towards the sofa. Tommy looked up at that. He hadn't watched a movie since he was maybe five, when his parents still could afford stuff. They had to sell the TV later, since they were out of money.

Tommy was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Phil chuckle. 

"Seeing your eyes spark up like that, I'll take it as a yes. Why don't you choose a movie on Disney+ while I go get some blankets and make some hot chocolate?" Phil stood up and started going upstairs, probably to get some blankets. 

Tommy sat down on the sofa, and took the controller up. He figured out how to use is relatively quick and scrolled through the movies until one of them caught his eye,

Up.

Up was the last movie he had watched with his parents. Before they had to sell the TV. Even though they couldn't watch the movie, his parents talked about it a lot. They came up with theories about it, they told Tommy stories related to the movie so that he wouldn't forget it. 

Tommy clicked on the movie, and paused it, waiting for Phil. A couple minutes later, Phil came into the room with a cup with hot chocolate in one hand, and had a couple of blankets over his other arm. He handed Tommy the chocolate and tucked him in a bit with some of the blankets. Tommy was way too tired to protest.

"Oh Up, huh? I haven't watched that movie in years", Phil sat down and smiled down at the younger.

"Mhmm", Tommy mumbled, leaning on Phil's shoulder and pressing the 'Go' button.

Tommy had fallen asleep and Phil was playing with his hair. Maybe this could be a sign Tommy had started to get a bit comfortable with the family. Maybe, this was gonna be easier than Phil thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayo! Fluff chapter, ig?

Thanks for 128 reads!! I swear, if I told my mum I got 130 reads on my new story, my mum would be like; "The other one got more" LMAO

Also, happy valentine's day!!! I've got a valentine, but do you?

Hope you enjoyed!

-Eri