Chapter 17

Tommy sat on the bus, going away from town. He hadn't planned very far. He was just gonna go far with the bus then jump off. Suddenly, he felt pain up his right thigh and he felt wet. He reached down to his pocket to grab his phone. The phone Phil got him. He grabbed it, and fished it up. It was completely broken. One of the bullies must have broken it in his pocket during the fight. He realised that was probably the thing that hurt. He had gotten glass in his leg. Tommy groaned. He didn't want to deal with that right then. 

Phil had just come home. Tommy, his son, had just ran away. He tried to chase after him, but lost him after 10 minutes. 

"Boys!" he yelled. Two of his sons ran down the stairs at the sound of Phil's panicked voice.

"What happened?!" Wilbur asked, alarmed. 

"Breathe, Dad, breath", Techno put his hand on his dad's shoulder. Phil quickly explained what had happened. Wilbur gasped while putting his hand over his mouth while Techno took his phone out and went to contacts.

"I'm callin' him", he said while pressing Tommy's contact. He put the call on speaker. No signals went through. 

"Hey bitch, Tommy here and I probably don't wanna talk to you right now, leave your  dumb message after the beep. Bitch. BEEP", the beep went off. 

"Tommy, call any of us back when you can. We are extremely worried and we love you. Please", Phil grabbed the phone. All of the three continued calling him from their own phones. But he didn't answer. 

"Dad, if he's not back in an hour, we should probably call the police", Wilbur sighed. Phil  nodded and sat down.

The hour passed slowly. Phil took his phone out, and dialled 999.

Tommy had nearly fallen asleep in the bus. Suddenly, he heard something. 

"Uh, dear?" he heard an old lady's voice. He opened his eyes to see a worried old lady, maybe 70-80 years old. 

"Yeah?" he answered weakly. 

"Are you alright, dear? You're bleeding on your leg", she said. He looked down at his thigh. The jeans had become a dark red.

"Oh, that. That's nothing to worry about", he tried to laugh it off. It didn't work. The lady gave him a stern look and sat next to him. 

"Why is a boy of your age on the bus by yourself this late anyways?" she asked him. Tommy looked at her, confused. 

"What's the time?" he asked. She showed him her wrist clock, which he definitely couldn't read. "W-what does it say?" he hesitantly asked. She sighed and muttered something.

"It's says 10 o'clock", she answered the boy. Tommy looked down on his lap.

"Oh..", was the only thing he said. He wasn't used to this. He wasn't used  to being insecure. He should have some snarky reply just waiting to be used. But he didn't. He didn't know why. 

"Dear?", Tommy heard. He must have zoned out. 

"Yeah, sorry", he mumbled. 

"What happened? Are you alright?", she asked again. 

"Yeah", he answered quickly, getting off the bus since it stopped. He didn't know where to go now. He just walked around the streets, not caring where. Not that he could care, he had never been there before. He eventually found an alleyway, where he settled himself in a corner, and tried to get some sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayo!! One chapter the day before yesterday, two chapters yesterday, and one this morning. I'm on a roll!!!

Hope you enjoyed!

-Eri