18. Tequila Sunrise

The man staring at Jaiden was attractive in his own way. He was petite and slender, with bright blonde hair. His pink lips were plump and turned into a small pout.  He looked as pure as a cherub, but his blue eyes reflected an obsessive longing that made Jaiden shudder.

Most men would be attracted to him, falling for that pretty face that made him look younger than what he actually was.  Even Jaiden thought he was adorable when he first saw him a year ago.  But he was marred by a fucked up personality.

The man didn't break eye contact with Jaden and started to walk towards him. Jaiden kept a cold look plastered on his face and clenched his jaw.

"JayJay?" The man called out in his whiny voice.

Jaiden's eyes narrowed. "Fuck off, Billy."

"I've missed you." He said, trying to make himself look at pitiful as possible.

The place was crowded, and there was a large group of people around them, so they were able to pay attention to the interaction. They scowled at Jaiden because it looked like the larger man was bullying the pretty blonde.

Jaiden sighed and ran his hand through his hair in a frustrated manner. "Stop wasting your breath."

Billy sniffled a little, holding back his tears. "I just wanted to talk to you. I tried buying you a drink, but you didn't even touch it."

"I don't want to drink tonight, and I don't want to talk to you." Jaiden said as he shot off a text message to Toni letting him know that he was going to go outside. He tried standing up, but a couple of onlookers decided to by busybodies.  One man placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him from rising. 

"How about you listen the guy.  It seems like he really wants to talk to you." The man said.

Jaiden shot him a dangerous glare, forcing him step back.  Jaiden fully stood up this time, his height towering over the others.  "Maybe you shouldn't interfere." He warned the onlookers.

He pushed past them, but Billy grabbed Jaiden's arm to stop him. "Please, JayJay. Talk to me."

Jaiden shook him off and continued to walk away towards the outdoors patio.

The club smelled of sweat, alcohol, and sex, so the outside air was refreshing. He leaned up against the wall and lit his cigarette. The smoke filled him and calmed him down. He closed his eyes as he enjoyed the feeling. But Toni had warned him that he let his guard down when he smoked, so he should have known that his quietness would be easily interrupted.

Billy approached him again, obviously unable to take a hint.

"If you don't want to have anything to do with me, why did you make love to me?" Billy asked in a trembling voice.

Jaiden opened his eyes slowly and glowered at Billy. "A year ago, I needed a distraction and decided that you were sufficient for that, so I fucked you. But that's all it was, just something to pass the time. That's why I didn't give a shit about the other dicks you decided to sit on."

Perhaps Jaiden was originally in the wrong to disregard someone else's feelings so easily. But Jaiden couldn't find it within himself to give Billy an ounce of affection.  When Jaiden broke it off, the only feeling that he experienced was relief.  

Billy looked down with an embarrassed look. "I've changed. And I wanted to show you that two months ago, but you left and ignored my attempts to talk to you."

Jaiden's jaw clenched. "You followed me around to an unhealthy degree. Then you waited until I was nearly black out drunk to approach me again. What's worse is that while I was in an altered state you took me to your home and took advantage of the situation. When I sobered up, did you think I would be happy about the situation I was in?"