back in chi-town

( lil bibby (left) & lil herb (right) in the picture.. if you didn't know.)

India.

yass a bitch gets paid today, finally just the money I need to make this trip out to Chicago, the trip I've been planning for, for years since I had no help from my mom. here's a little background story for ya.. I was born and raised in Chicago. I lived out there until I was about 10, then my mom decided it was a good idea for us to move to New York, ya know due to all the violence and what not. I couldn't deny she was right, cause she was. Chicago can be a beautiful city but it has it's terror towns, which sometimes over power the better. moving to New York was aight. In a way it was like home, but then again, ain't nothing like home unless I'm in Chicago itself. Today I was taking flight back to Chicago to visit my bestfriend who I've missed dearly and some family. it's crazy how me and Ashanti have managed to stick it out, and still be by eachother side. but that's my bitch and whatever she 'wit I'm 'wit.

I said my final goodbyes to my family & boarded the plane. I was going to miss them, I truly was but I needed this.

Chicago 🌆

it was crazy how tired I was, but I pulled myself together & got my things. as soon as I got off I went to go buy some Starbucks then sat down at a bench nearby.

"INDIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I heard someone scream

"SHANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" I said back just as excited

I jumped on her wrapping my legs around and engulfing her in the biggest hug I could possibly give.

"aww I missed you so much, but getcha' big ass down" I giggled and got down, "we got so much catching up to do"

"we really do"

we rode back to her apartment. where I was going to be staying for the next 3 months.

"bitchhhh, this is niceeee" I said setting my bags down

"thanks boo"

I looked around a little bit more, and helped myself to the kitchen when I found some icecream. a bitch hooked it up!

"fatass" she laughed coming out her room "hope you ont mind we going to my boyfriend house later"

"boyfriend? bitch when was you gone tell me you had somebody"

"a long time ago, but when you told me you was coming out here, I decided to just wait and tell you"

"stupid dummy!" I laughed "I can't believe you, how long y'all been dating?"

"on and off for 2 years" my eyes widened "I mean in the beginning he was really on games, and he kept playing, but I just couldn't let him go. but lately stuff been going good.." she smiled

"aww look at you all in love and what not, but why you say it like that"

she giggled and sighed at the same time, "because I'm pregnant and I'm scared to tell him.. enough of me though. what about you, miss. I'm gettin' my education, how's college?"

"it's okay, not really my choice cause I would've picked a different one, but my ma thought it was something real good. it ain't shit though. same niggas tryna fuck and duck everyday, same white kids doing drugs like can't nobody see them and same couples basically having dry sex right in front of you. I just can't wait to be done."

shanti rolled her eyes "bitch suck it up! if I was in your spot right now I would be lovin' it. ion know why you wanted to come back here anyway, this the place errbody tryna get away from."

"you right, but I just missed it"

she laughed me off. I finished my icecream then got up to throw it away.

"you going like that?" she asked

"yeah, why what's wrong with it?"

she stale faced me "you know damn well what's wrong with it, did you forget how thirsty these niggas be?"

I giggled, "you right"

I went to go change into some distressed jeans.

"that's betta" she smiled

we got in her car & began driving to her boyfriend house. I was kinda excited to meet him, just because that's my bestfriend nigga and she seem to really be in love with him. the sun was already setting which meant everybody was probably gonna come out their house and others were going in. we pulled up to 78th and Essex. this block was hot as a bitch. everybody was outside just having a good time. I felt a smile wipe across my face and shanti give me a weird look. shanti parked along the curb and we got out.

I heard hella "damn"'s and many other whispers that I didn't care to hear.
__________________________
how was it?

what do you think is going to happen?

vote/comment/share 💗