Chapter 1 / Prologue : Night

Pastry cookie was overwhelmed by all the sudden shock, she stared at the ground and walked down the hallway to her room. Pastry decided it would be best to keep quiet that night and not say anything more, the words of Reverend Mother cookie were like another stab in the heart. "Sometimes... secrets must remain unspoken, for the order of this world.". A lingering doubt of what she was doing grew. When she thought of all that happened in the tower she felt even worse. Suddenly the hall seemed smaller and suffocating. "My life could not have been a lie.." she thought to herself. "It was all an illusion!" She felt like yelling out loud just to let the emotions out.

 After reaching her door she put her hand on the handle and waited a bit before opening and going inside. "This must be a weird dream.." Pastry put her godly fork on her desk and went to the closet. She grabbed some clothing out of it and took off her current attire and changed into an outfit more loose. It was a white pyjamas of sorts matching with a matching bottom and matching top, it was much more comfortable than what Pastry had on her for the entire day. Quickly she laid down in bed, the pillow felt colder than usual. She turned her head and grabbed her old teddy bear plush. Everyone in the order thinks it's childish to still be attached to it, but Pastry doesn't agree. The teddy is the only thing she feels safe with. She hugged it tightly. Sometimes Pastry cookie wishes she had someone to talk to, especially now. She would say how she felt here in the Order and about her new concerns. However she has to keep quiet, she was baked to never be disobedient to Reverend Mother cookie's words. She never dared to be disrespectful to the Godly, after all, thanks to them she's alive. Then again she remembered the utterly horrible that happened in the Godly Cake Tower. Pastry opened her shelf and grabbed her diary. "Dear Diary..."

After a while of writing Pastry yawned and she rested her head on the soft pillow. She was done with the racing thoughts for the day and cuddled her teddy to sleep. "I'll live through tomorrow like if it were any other day". After what felt like eternity she finally fell asleep.