Chapter 5 - Escape

Pastry had only one option in mind. They won't find her there. She grabbed her clothes, teddy and put her hand on the door handle. She was still processing her thoughts, an invisible force was trying to stop her from pulling the handle down. Pastry tried to ignore the feeling of unsureness but it didn't go away. Atleast it was very early in the morning. So early no cookie was awake, she could sneak away. She finally was up early. (Hopefully they're happy..) Pastry opened the door and closed it quietly after herself. Her heart was beating fast. Something in her didn't want to leave and created second thoughts. Everything here was so harsh and strict, if she was caught she'd be silenced right there and then. She'd probably get punished in an even worse way.. She just knew it, but she had to keep going past this invisible barrier. Keep going.

Pastry sneaked down the long hallway of doors and made it to an exit. She opened the door and coldness covered her body when she went out. It was much colder out here than it was inside, the door closed with a loud noise and she started running towards the Sacred place. She finally escaped, now she can put all that behind. She felt relief when she finally arrived and saw the oven, the huge forks and knives, everything was infront of her. She heard a sound and raised her weapon as an automatic response to potential danger. She put it back down again as whatever would happen to her next had no meaning anymore. Either this or nothing. Pastry sighed and sniffed after the smell of this ancient place. It smelled like butter and smoke like last time. Not much has changed, neither have the cookies and cakes she guessed.

She saw two cake creatures approach her, guards. Pastry knew by the sharp weapons and protective helmets. She looked at the creatures and they looked at her then at eachother. It seems they have agreed on something. One of them went away and the other one watched her. As Pastry waited she could hear the factory work, it was much more noise than what she is used to in the Order. The only time there's noise is when a cookie like her is spoken to.

- One .. two .. three .." She counted nervously. (You'll be okay, don't show fear.)

...

- Twenty one, twenty two, twenty three-"

Pastry thought perhaps she could see the cookies again. The half cookie half cake..

There she saw him come to her with the cake guard. He didn't look happy this time either and she was prepared for the unwelcoming greeting.

- You're here again, gnat!I was wondering if you'd be back, and there you are. What are you doing here? Curiosity crumbled the cookie to come here? Why?" Both of the cake guards stood aligned beside him waiting for a potential command to attack.

- .. Is there a way I could still work for you?"

- You're joking right? Work for me? HA! I know you're here to spy. It's a no. Shoo. There is no work to find here, not after last time."

- I'm not here as a spy, I'm here because of my own will." Part of what she said was a lie, this wasn't her own will. She was driven HERE forcefully, or was she? Why did she go.. here?

He blinked a couple times and crossed his arms.

- Then what are you? You think I'll believe you because? Leave or I'll crush you to pieces with my fists."

- Please give me a chance. I changed my mind."

He looked down at her crossbow and then back up at her face.

- Leave. Go back to your Order and tell them they have to come here personally and not send some pesky girl with a.. teddy bear, to do the job for them!"

- I WASN'T SENT HERE!" She shouted and the cake guards pointed their weapons at her.

- . . ." Red Velvet cookie went quiet.

- Ok then." Pastry said and raised the crossbow into the air.

Pastry then threw it at the ground so it landed and made a loud echo. A small arrow got launched into the distance. They both stared after it and after it hit surface they both turned their heads. He looked at her with shock and confusion just as expected. Everything went silent. Even the ovens seemed to quiet down. What is she doing?

- Did I not make myself clear?"

- The devotee throwing her sacred weapon at the ground? What a sight. Well alright, this isn't a place for you, you should stay far away from here. Go and don't come back."

Red Velvet turned himself around and was thinking on walking away.

- Please! They could be searching for me now!"

- They?" Without looking back at her he clenched his cakearm fist.

- I fled." She couldn't bring herself to say more and looked down hoping he doesn't notice it's because she is stunned on words.

Red Velvet just stood there and then she realised it would take a lot more to convince him.

- I didn't forget the last time I was here-"

- I'm sure you haven't. You intended to crumble me, you should be happy I'm in a good mood right now. " Pastry saw him turn around and stare down at her.

- I've realised that I'm wrong. The teachings are wrong. I just followed what I learned.." The cold stare he was giving her sent shivers down her spine. His one eye was black like darkness and the other blue like sky in daylight..

- Ok, fine, you'll follow some new orders from now on. BUT there's no going back, you're getting yourself into trouble."

- What? You're letting me stay?!" Pastry couldn't believe it, after all that he still thinks it's okay she's here?

- I'll give you ONE chance, but just because you have potential and it seems to be urgent. Come with me, but remember there's no turning back. Don't come crying saying you miss your friends."

- So you won't.. send me away?"

- We'll see if you're worth my time."