Chapter 8 - Welcoming

♡ Very sorry for not posting for a long long while, Chapter 7 is finished and here's Chapter 8. We got 69 votes with more to come. I also have a playlist dedicated to Pastry and Red Velvet! You can find it on my profile if you're interested.

--
Rv pov

Red Velvet saw her look at him with frightened eyes. Good, as Pomegranate said there's no time for mistakes. Pastry knows her place already.

- Are you okay?" He said, sounding unbothered and let go once he saw she was standing by herself.

- Y-yes ofcourse, sorry Red Velvet." She was probably nervous to talk to Dark Enchantress. That's unfortunate.

- Don't embarrass yourself infront of Dark Enchantress. Infront of me is fine but I'd rather if you watch your step."

- Yes, I will watch my step..." He could see her look down at the ground. Is she scared? Maybe she's just a little overwhelmed, he guessed that's the right answer.

- You just follow orders with as much loyalty as you're used to. Think of me as one of your past Sisters if that makes your job here easier."

- ..." Alright, maybe she is unsure of what to say.

- Does that not help?"

- I'd rather not think about them, they're not important to me. I want them gone."

- Oh I see," He wanted to ask about what is bothering her but chased the thought away. This cookie is taking their time to get used to everything, nothing more nothing less.

- Let's just go, I don't like idle chatter." She wanted to get it over with. However he felt there was something serious she didn't tell him. He doesn't need the details anyway. Maybe after the meeting they can have a chat, alone, cookie to cookie. Or maybe not, it's not important after all.

He appreciates her will to let go off the past. Out of all places she choose to come and stay here. He really liked the dedication, and she probably went through a lot.. Why did she come exactly here? He thought she'd never be back after last time. Impressive she had the guts, on the other hand where else would she go?

When they arrived at the door he opened it and pushed Pastry into the big throne room. It was dark everywhere. She looked back at him and he just nodded. Pastry took some steps forward and the lights turned on. He saw her stretch out her hand to block the light from blinding her. After his own eyes got used to the brightness he proceeded to go through the door and then close it.

- This way." He said and grabbed her hand and dragged her with him. Pomegranate was already there and he put Pastry in the middle of him and her.

- Finally! What took you so long?" Pomegranate cookie wasn't happy as always.

- I had to take care of the cake hounds?" He's not going to mention his and Pastry's little chat. They'll assume he's treating her too nicely, with too much respect.

- Is the cookie here?" His leader spoke and for a second he forgot about where he is. He looked up at the throne where his leader was seated, it was facing the other way and he waited for it to turn around and reveal his master.

- Yes Dark Enchantress." Red Velvet turned around towards Pastry and lifted her head up so her eyes looked at the throne above. It spinned around and his leader came into the light. Her throne was made of plates and forks, all that was sacred to cookiekind. Usually she's not present and this room is just emptyness. Shockingly she had the time, it is an important event after all.

- Ah, so, what's your name, little one?" Dark Enchantress spoke in a loud echo that filled the entire room.

- It's.. Pastry. I'm Pastry cookie."

- Hm, so you're the cookie that fell into the dough? What brings you here again?"

- ..." He looked at Pastry and tried to make some eyecontact. Don't mess up now!

- Don't worry, tell me all." His leader proceeded to approach with a sweeter tone

- I fled from the St. Pastry Order, I was tired of living the same boring life. The cookies there make me sick."

- The St. Pastry Order? That's why the clothing seems so familiar, I see."

- I want a new start.. that's why I'm here. I threw my Godly fork and responsibilities away. I came by own will, I wasn't sent here."

- But ofcourse, I believe you. I heard you have been honoured to see my past with your own eyes. The only right thing to do is to let you stay here."

- Thank you, master." She bowed to her new leader and Dark Enchantress nodded. For a moment his mind was taken back to when he first met Dark Enchantress. He remembers her ever since he was a little cookie and it's something he'll never forget. She was what shaped his life.

- Red Velvet, take care of Pastry cookie, will you. Introduce her to the cakehounds and show her around."

- Yes, Dark Enchantress." He was surprised by how welcoming his leader was. It didn't take much to convince her, maybe Pastry really is that special. His master isn't kind to just anyone, or maybe his trial of that is expired. He still had a doubt in what the ex-order cookie said, however. There's more to it than what she told him. All the playing tough is illusionary. Velvet looked past Pastry and at Pomegranate who gave him an expected look of disapproval.

- Dark Enchantress, can I have a quick moment with you before you leave?" Pomegranate didn't like the idea it seems.

- Yes my dear. Is something wrong?"

Red Velvet already knew what she was going to say and grabbed Pastry's arm again and dragged her back out the same way he dragged her in.