Chapter 6 - Spiral

♡ (Note) I made a Spotify playlist dedicated to this project, ofcourse some songs suit more than others! If you'd like you can check it out and maybe follow me. Link in bio!

--
Pastry Pov:

It was probably well past morning, she has lost track of time now. All she knows is that there's a long staircase ahead and it doesn't seem to have an end.

- We're almost there." Red Velvet yelled from ahead.

- Almost?!" Pastry felt like throwing herself off these stairs but kept going.

- Stop complaining and don't look down."

They climbed a couple feet apart with him at the front. He was probably used to taking these stairs everyday.

- Slow down! ...We're not in a hurry." She was tired and thirsty. Why so many stairs?

- Actually we are. I wasted too much time with you already."

- Hah.. that's what happens when you let a cookie like me in here." Pastry was panting from all the stairs and she remembered she didn't eat dinner nor supper nor breakfast. She didn't get much sleep either to think of it. The clothes and plush she was holding felt a lot heavier and she stopped. It took Red Velvet a bit to notice she isn't following.

- Are you coming?" He said and looked back.

- Mhm.." Pastry tried to take another step but her feet felt numb.

- First of all," He said and walked back to her.

- We don't need this." He snatched the teddy and clothes she was holding and threw them down.

- HEY!"

- Oops~ Catch me at the top." He said and started running up.

Pastry knew what she got herself into. This was only the beginning. She forced her legs to work and went up the stairs. Finally she crawled to the last step and saw a glimpse of him sitting and looking down at her.

- That's some motivation you have there."

- S-shut up.."

- Well that's it for your training session. Down the stairs."

- Are.. you.. kidding.. ME?!" Pastry was too tired to pull herself up from the last step and just laid there. She forgot all about the clothes and teddy, that wasn't important now. He laughed and she got an eerie feeling she led herself into a trap. A sudden fear grew in her, why did she go so far? She should have stopped by her door. Out of all places she went.. here? What made her decide to go up this spiral of stairs? Everything started spinning in her head. The meals she didn't eat and the rest she didn't get ended up with her having no more energy. Her eyes closed themselves and she passed out.

--
Rv Pov:

Red Velvet Cookie opened a secret door and went over to Pastry. He lifted her up gently and carried her into the room. (What an idiot, she's not going to survive another day in this place.)
After carrying her for some time he put her down on a couch and looked at his fellow cookie friend who was sitting on a red chair drinking tea, as usual. He hoped she didn't notice him come in but she already gave him a weird look.

- Pomegranate Cookie, we have a new member. I dragged her all the way up the stairs."

- Who is she, is it who I think it is?" Pomegranate didn't look impressed and put down her teacup.

- Pastry Cookie."

- Are you out of your mind?" Pomegranate quickly looked at the cookie and then back at Red Velvet.

- She fled from her Order just to come here, quite some guts it takes to come here and ask to join after what she saw."

- She asked to join? Red Velvet do you know what you're saying?! This is a trick!"

- It's not. Fine if you don't trust what I'm saying let our leader decide what to do with her." It wasn't in his plan to immediately bring Pastry there to see Dark Enchantress herself. She was already shocked from just being here and he wanted to give her a little bit of time.

- What do you expect her to say?"

- Pomegranate I know what I'm doing."

- We don't have time for mistakes."

Bringing Pastry here was a bad choice from the beginning. No, it wasn't. It couldn't have been, this must be how it's supposed to be. Pomegranate isn't in the right place to decide what he chooses to do. Pastry isn't like any other cookie, she's different. She fled from her Order, there must have been a reason for it.

♡ Please give feedback on how comfortable you are reading. I know povs (point of views) can get messy but aslong as it is readable it works. ^^ I tried to split this one into two with both characters to give a better understanding of the situation from both sides.