Chapter 11 - Lying-truth

--
Rv pov

Red Velvet catched Pastry's body last second and stared at her. (Why did this happen?) In panic that what's infront of him is now a dead body he grabbed Pastry and pressed her into himself. (Please be alright..) He held her tightly and could feel that luckily she was still breathing. He sighed in relief and put her down on the ground slowly.

- What are you doing?" A familiar and judgy voice spoke to him from above. He looked up and there stood Pomegranate. What a way to ruin his day even more.

- Don't you see she has passed out?! What do you think I'm doing?!" Red Velvet rolled his eyes. (Isn't Pastry laying there enough?!)

- Oh I know she has passed out, I'm questioning something else." She glared down at him and he could already tell what the look in her eyes meant. Pomegranate is always like this.

- Whatever you're thinking of is a too far reach, as usual! Stop looking for problems where they don't exist."

- I saw something in you from the moment you brought her up the stairs. I'm not blind, Red Velvet."

- Look I don't have time for your long rants right now, maybe go mind your own business." (What is her problem??)

- I know you know what I'm talking about, you weren't supposed to make her feel a bit too at home." She grinned and looked at her nails.

- I wasn't planning to do that?"

- No, totally not. Too bad you already did it, I knew you would give her the starjellies, typical. Maybe next time you'll learn not to do that." His body froze to the sudden realization.

- Pomegranate what did you do!" He yelled and stared in disbelief. (I should have known that bastard always has a trick up her sleeve.)

- I gave her an early sleep, that's all. She's not dead but it was fun to see how you reacted. It was ridiculous, actually. This was just a harmless experiment, a successful one."

- How was I supposed to react? I couldn't possibly explain to Dark Enchantress that Pastry randomly fell to the ground, but now I can. Wait until I mention what you did, someone wouldn't be very proud, Pomegranate. This is all because I gave Pastry some jellies?!"

- First of all, the point wasn't the jellies. Second, you can try, she won't believe you." Pomegranate laughed and closed her eyes confidently thinking she has proved something for him.

- Oh really? Maybe you're just too self absorbed to realise she doesn't think of you as highly as you may imagine. Don't be jealous that I am capable of not being an asshole if that's what you're getting at." He said and gave her a cold look. While she was stunned for words Red Velvet took the chance to get up on his feet, he approached her face to face. This had to be said once and for all.

- Is the reason you judge everyone because of the sad fact that you need the attention? So desperate to impress Dark Enchantress, and you think I didn't notice that ?"

- The audacity you have to assume anything at all! Quit with the overly defensive act, you missed the point entirely from the start. Ugh I can't deal with you anymore. I'm going to warn you only this once, be VERY careful."

- Careful of what? Your stupid stunts aren't impressive." She didn't scare him, he knows how to deal with her although he never bothered to. A taste of her own medicine is enough. Pomegranate's eyes widened in shock due to the confrontation and he could see her face revealing a hint of regret. Normally he'd ignore every annoying thing she does, today she crossed the line. Maybe that's why she's so surprised. (She should be glad I didn't mention more about her and Dark Enchantress.)