9

After class the students immediately went to talk to Mai.
Asking a thousand question and inviting her to sit with them at lunch.

"Woah! Calm down!"
She said at the sudden attention.
"I need to talk to Nezu about something. But I'll catch you all later."
She said getting up.

They understood.
I mean she was a new student and Nezu was the one that recommended her into UA apperantly.

"Aww okay! But you have to promise to sit with me tomorrow!"
Mina said pouting.

"Sure... Ashido, right?"
Mai asked making sure she got the name right as she put her earbuds in her bag.

"Yep! But Mina is fine!"
The pink girl smiled.

Mai nodded.
"Okay cool."

Mai left the room and parted ways with the class.

She let out a breath once she was sure she was alone.
'I gotta fix this.'
She thought.

She'd been shaking from the moment Aizawa mentioned the sports festival.
Everyone seemed super excited but Mai on the other hand was terrified.

She knocked on the Door to Nezu's office.
"Come in!"
The principal's cheery voice responded.

"Ah Mai! I figured you'd stop by! tea?"
He offered after greeting her.

"No thanks I wanted to tell you-"

"You won't be participating in the sports festival if you feel uncomfortable."
He smiled.

Mai sighed.
"Thanks."
She plopped down and rested her head in her hands.

"How was your first day?
He asked sipping his tea while watching the teenage girl position herself so her legs were thrown over the arm of the chair.

"Fine, better then my last schools."
She leaned her head back and looked at the door upside-down.
"No one was mean which was cool, except Bakugou threatening to kill me but that's normal for him, oh! And I walked past a chick with plant hair who looked like she wanted to scream or throw up seeing me one which was weird."

She chuckled slightly remembering the girl she passed in the hall this morning.
Mai was used to her demon like appearance bothering people and at this point she was amused by it.

Her and Nezu briefly discussed how her personalized Lesson worked.

"Well you should get going, lunch is almost over and you haven't eaten!"
Nezu said.

"Huh? Oh yeah sure."
She got up and walked out.

To be honest she wasn't hungry.
At the arena she only ate once a day, it tasted like shit but was packed with everything she needed to stay fit.

So she decided to just head to the classroom instead.

She left Nezu's office at the same time a green haired boy was on his way to class after eating with All might.

Mai heard him coming and looked up.
"Midoriya."

He turned and seemed to panic like he was caught doing something wrong.
But his expression seemed to relax as he walked to Mai.

"Hey Rika! I-i've been meaning to talk to you!"
He stuttered rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

The boy was happy to see his old classmate and he had hoped for awhile that he would see her again, but damn had she grown up.

The girl slowly walked up to him.

When they stood across from each other and Mai couldn't help but think of when they were kids.