15

I paced through the small cottage and shop, trying to find Ghostbur. I needed to make sure he was safe.

As I hurried towards the door, I noticed the book that I had thrown. New words written in pen struck out to me.

"I'll be back, darling ;)"

The handwriting was oddly familiar and it finally came to me. Wilburs handwriting.

My head jolted up, gasping, I ran out of the house. I sprinted to Niki's house. I couldn't be there, way too eerie. There's also no way she doesn't know where Ghostbur is. And even though I was miles from my house, I still sprinted. I was terrified.

The door of Niki's house calmed me as I knew that I was far far away from whatever happened back there. I politely knocked and stepped aside so the door wouldn't hit me. Low and behold, Ghostbur opens the door. He sees my frazzled state and engulfs me in a tight hug. He obviously knew what was happened and was very aware that he was being controlled by his past self.

Niki follows shortly after ghostbur and invites me in. I explain the situation and she empathically comforts us. She leads us to our room so we can get some rest, like I haven't had enough already.

I honestly felt really bad for ghostbur. I mean he was dragged into this life, found the person he once loved, and then was forced to learn about his past which he probably had no interest in. I didn't blame him for listening to aliveburs orders. I would want to die too.

Like I said, he was well aware that he was being mentally controlled. He didn't fight it, he went along with it. It made me wonder if he wanted to die, if he wanted to spend the rest of his life in an exile and in an afterlife.

It made me wonder that when aliveburs plan finally works, ghostbur will get revenge. Will I finally find my happiness and median with a new version of himself, then he gets jealous and rips it away? it's making me wonder if it's all even worth it. To get pulled into all their drama and mishaps. What if I get too involved and I die myself?

I let the thoughts carry me away as hot tears start to run down my face. Ghostbur flinched as my tears got onto his bare chest. I wiped them away just in time.

"What's wrong, my love?" He asked, sympathetically.

"I don't want to lose you. You aren't mine to lose."  I sobbed into my sleeve. "You are so much more than my ghost."

"I'm your ghost. That's all I'll ever be," he paused then continued, "and when I do go, he'll come back. And you'll get exactly what you wanted. You missed him, so you fixed yourself with me. When I'm gone, you'll fix yourself with him and you'll have no memory of me."

"I'll always have a memory of you." I sternly and protectively said. There was no way he could say that I wouldn't and won't. I will.

"Once you have him, you'll forget me." He sadly said, his hazel eyes looking into my eyes.

"Never in my life. I'll always have the memory of you and our love, even if it didn't last forever."

"Promise?" He held out his pinkie for me to promise to. I interlocked our pinkies as a promise.

Long story short, we fell asleep together, our pinkies still locked together. I was never going to let go, and neither was he. That was until I woke up..

and he wasn't there.

HAHA L GET CLIFFHANGED FOR A WEEK LMAO