18

He was gone.

My ghost was gone. He was dead. My knees trembled asking Tommy if it was true, he shook his head sympathetically. It was true.

He was gone.

I fell down to my knees and cradled my body with my arms. Tommy had started crying as well. He sat down right next to me for emotional support. He hugged my limp body and I fell into his touch.

We sat on the beach crying for a while. He held me and I held him back. The only time I let go was to wipe my pathetic tears with my hand. The friction between the both making me cry even more.

Tommy eventually fessed up to what happened and that it was basically his fault. I started to feel emotionless but then Tommy shook me with news I would have never heard.

"He was killed by dream." He said in between his sobs. We could both barely breathe and were practically sucking in our breath.

"W-what?" I said, mostly in shook.

"The revival book." He finally said. I sat up straight.

"That means a revived version of Will is out there..somewhere." I panically said.

He nodded and we started to sit up. We were going to go find Revivebur. I needed to see him.

Just like a few hours ago, we were back to searching. We looked everywhere but then decided that the most reasonable place would be the place he died.

So we were going the next day. We were going to make him wait.

-

I woke up the next morning in my cold bed. Today was the day. I was going to find him again.

I had mostly got over the death of Ghostbur. I had always been told to not get attached to things. So I didn't, but at the same time did?

I had gotten up and changed into my daily clothes, but a little more dressed up. I glanced at the ring on my dresser and slid it on my finger.

What's the harm anyway?

I walked out of the door and met with Tommy at the start of the pathway. We started our hike up the big steps, eager but nervous to see him.

When we reached the last step, we braced eachother. Then we saw him and he saw us.

Then he walked up to me, and I did too.

We were reunited.

His eyes looked into mine. The crooked grin that he does so well charmed me in a way that I had missed so much.

"I told you I'd come back." He said in that dead and raspy voice.

I smiled and nodded at him. I was star struck. He was right there.

"Did you miss me darling?"

"Very much so my love." I said with the largest smile I've ever had.

"Good." Then he kissed me.

He kissed me.

I leaned into the kiss like it was the last one I would ever share with him. Instead, it was only the first out of many more.

At this point, Tommy had backed away from the scene to give us space. He probably didn't expect that we would hit it off so easily, but yet again we both have known eachother for ages.

"Y/n." He said in a smaller voice.

"Yes wil?"

"I miss you so much. I don't know why I had to leave." He started on. I knew this was going to be one of his long ass rambles. He continued, "so seeing you happy with him made me want to die again. Seeing you be so happy with someone who wasn't be broke me, y/n."

"So I tried to kill him." He finished. "And I did. I'm sorry for it too."

"It's okay wil. I promise you that it isn't your fault. I understand that it isn't your normal personality to be so selfish, but I get you. I know that you love me so you want the best for me."

"I do want the best for you." He smiled. His eyes traveled down to my hand and my fingers. To which he noticed the small diamond on my ring finger.

"You still have that hunk of junk?" he chuckled softly and grabbed my hand.

"It's not junk! It's been my favorite item of jewelry since you left!" I paused to look up at him. "And you gave it to me as a token of your love. I couldn't let that go."

" We'll get you a better ring, Y/n." He said as he softly kissed me again.

I walked up those steps with my motive being aggressive and harmful. I walked down those steps with my best friend of a lifetime.

I did not expect this.