how the fuck did he get here?

Yasunari Kawabata sighed, running a hand through his hair. He looked at the purple-black haired Russian, then at the Ukrainian in a clown get-up.

“... So, mind telling me why I am here?” he mumbled, his eyes darting around his room as a small sound wave left his feet— landing him information about the building he was in within milliseconds.

Tall, abandoned building. Fyodor Dostoevsky, House of the Dead Rats leader, currently associated with Nikolai Gogol. Wonderful.

He was met with silence, of course. He knew they wouldn't answer if he asked. And, they've kept him alive. They must want something from him, and if it keeps him alive for two years while the Port Mafia hunts him down for leaving the organisation, it was a win-win situation for all of them.

“ I'm assuming you want something from me, considering you've been keeping me alive for quite a while now.”

Fyodor blinked while Nikolai grinned. It was unnerving, the way they stared at him, like as if he were a lab rat in a cage and they were the scientists. Too similar to his previous life before the mafia, the memories that even his awful memory wouldn't forget. They made him shiver with fear.

“ We would like to extend an offer to you,” Fyodor hummed, his face blank from the poker face he had put on. However Yasunari could feel the amusement rolling off him and in his eyes (his ability was useful at gauging someone's emotions, too.).

Yasunari sighed softly, glancing out the window— at the building next to the one they were in. The roof was bright, reflecting the light from the sun rays shining onto it.

Perfect height to jump to my death... Or for anyone to die from, that is. 

He looked back at Fyodor and nodded, “ Do tell, tell me the offer you are referring to.”

“ We want you to be apart of the Decay of Angels, as a defense mechanism, if you will. You'll be the head of defense in this quaint little base of ours, and help around to gather information as well.”

“ Ah. I see,” Yasunari blinked, looking back out the window before sighing and looking up at the ceiling. God forsaken me, I won't get out of this alive, will I? Which is honestly preferably what I want, however it'll give that sick bastard a sense of amusement. Which I do not want.

“ I... I accept.”

“ Great!” Nikolai jumped from his seat, untying the ropes keeping Yasunari in place before yanking him to his feet.

“ I'll get you started on the tu-to-ri-al! Better retain this all!”

Yasunari sighed, yet again, as he was dragged out of the room and into a hallway, Fyodor's barely hidden entertained gaze following them.

How the fuck did I get here?