|03| Slave to the brain

The gym is where I'm supposed to be, but I guess using the steering wheel will have to be my workout for today. Honestly I don't even want to go home yet, my phone has buzzed about a hundred times and I just know that I'm in for a rollercoaster as soon as I get back.

Miss brunette and I have gone through two neighbourhoods already and I'm hoping that third times the charm. The houses around here are quite large, some as large as my house and some even bigger. I know that this girl doesn't talk so I'm kind of having to look at her every time we pass a house, her eyes have been fixated on the window for awhile now. But finally after what felt like hours I know I located the right place.

Wanna know how I know? Because as soon as I stopped in front of two black gates, she gripped onto her seat and sat up a little. So yeah, I know how to read people, communication is overrated. I lean forward so that I can look out of the big window, as I tilt my head to the side my eyebrows raise. This house is a work of art, and I mean it. First there's the two gates that are tall as fuck and make you feel as if your going to visit someone who's in prison. Then after that it's just so spacious, except for the parked car next to the bushes. Oh and we can't forget about the fountain, I'm starting to wonder how someone so rich could lose their child.

"Wow" I whisper with shock before undoing my seatbelt

"You sure this is the place?" I ask, she just looks at me and I smile softly

"Let's go"

I get out of my side of the car before walking round to open the door for her, she looks down at the ground almost as if she's afraid to move. "Its ok, I'm gonna take you home" I say softly

Eventually she gets down and we walk towards the gate. I do wonder about this girl, it's clear that she understands English.... Maybe she's just quiet around people she doesn't know. I press a silver button that connects to the intercom and a buzzing sound fills my ears, after a few seconds a voice is heard. "Hello?" A woman speaks

I look down at the little girl for a second, she's staring ahead at her house. "Hi I um-.... this may sound weird but I found your daughter trying to cross the road and I-

"Grace?" The woman sounds so relieved

So that's her name

"Um, yeah" I answer

The gates open almost immediately, "Come in"

I actually expected her to come outside to collect Grace but I guess not. She walks through first and I follow along shortly, looking around as I do so.

The fountain water is probably ten times better than any other water, I believe that everything rich people own is much better than what proletariats have, hell they're comforters are probably better too. Grace and I walk passed the palm trees before walking up the steps that lead to the house, the door is already unlocked when we get there.

So I know I said outside was good but inside? Even better. Whoever designed the interior definitely made a whole lot of money, the floors are marble, none of the lights are ordinary, it's fricking chandeliers. There's an island in the kitchen -also made of marble- and the living room has plush sofas. Then there's the staircase that was probably taken out of the ballroom from Cinderella and placed into this house.

As I stand there taking the place in, a middle aged woman comes into view. You can tell that she's Grace's mother from the similar features that they share, the eyes, the nose etc. The woman is wearing a white shirt which is tucked into her pencil skirt and she has a pair of black heels to finish off the look

So she must've come back from work

"Grace" She says with relief before bending down to hug her daughter, Grace returns the hug as her mother picks her up.