Valentines

A/N
Guys this isn't a proper update, I mean it is but isn't. I had uploaded a valentine's day special as a separate book but I've taken that one down and just placed the chapter here because I'm pretty much just clearing out my drafts, so for those of you that have already read this chapter it's nothing new but for those that haven't, enjoy xx

•••

                                    •CARMEN•
"She's been going to school, shes stopped doing drugs"

"That's really good to hear"

Miss Emerson holds my hand, "I mean it. Thank you so much Carmen"

I smile in return, "You're very welcome"

I then look over at her daughter who also happens to be my patient, "See you next week Natalie"

"If I'm still sober by then"

I tut as I playfully hit her and she smiles before giving me a hug, my face softens as I return it. "Thank you" She murmurs against me

"You're welcome"

This is part of the reason why I love my job. Working with teenagers can be tricky (I would know, I've got two) but once they finally start to open up you can really connect with them. I've been seeing Natalie for about a month now, unfortunately she ended up with the wrong group of friends and became addicted to drugs. She's only seventeen which is why her mother was so concerned, but now she's doing so much better than she was before, she's in a different school with much better friends.

I'm happy for her

"Bye"

"Bye sweetie"

My assistant Hayley smiles as she leans on the wall, "You're changing these kids"

I sigh with content, "Yeah I suppose I am"

We walk down the hallway together, "So what are your plans for tomorrow?"

"Well thankfully I don't need to worry about dropping off the kids anywhere, they're old enough"

I then shrug as I press the button that summons the elevator, "Honestly I don't even know what I'll be doing. I've had a lot of Valentine's, a dinner will be enough"

"What about you" I then say amused

She sighs as we walk in, "I'm the total opposite. I mean don't get me wrong having a newborn is great but I just want one night with my man alone"

Hales recently had a baby boy, he's a month old I believe and I've told her about a million times to go on maternity leave but she insists on working at least two times a week. When I had Thiago, working was the last thing on my mind.

"Why don't you leave him with your parents?"

"Oh trust me, I'm way ahead of you"

"I didn't realise that not having sex would make me cranky", Hayley mutters

I laugh, "I hear you on that one"

The silver doors push open once we reach the top floor and I tie my hair back into a bun, happy that the day is finally over. "I'll see you Wednesday"

"Looking forward to hearing about how your Valentine's Day goes"

She then stops, "Another thing"

"Yeah?"

Hayley gestures to my office with her head before walking away and I frown as I make my way over there. I hear voices coming from behind the door and as I open it, I gotta say I'm not really surprised.