|35| Three words, Eight letters

You know how everyone has the perception that boys are uneducated and don't know shit about periods? Well I got lucky, Carter was so nice about it. He didn't freak out or start to get disgusted and weirded out, matter of fact he went into the store himself and bought me underwear, pads, tampons, some chocolates and a bottle of peach tea. Melissa was a little confused when we got back because it was quite early but then he explained that there was an accident, she understood right away.

I had a shower in his bathroom and then I changed into a pair of cycling shorts and one of his shirts, I always wear double underwear on the first night.... Just incase. "I'm sorry for being a complete bitch" I mumble against Carters chest

"It's ok, your jealously was kinda cute" He says amused

I readjust the hot water bottle that Melissa gave me, "Well you have to admit, Maya was a little too nice"

He smiles a little before facing me, "Well good news for you, she's busy partying with Santiago"

I frown, "Seriously?"

"Mhm, she's obsessed"

Ok so I guess maybe I did judge a little too quickly, "Well that's good for him, he needs someone to keep him on his toes" I murmur

"You tired?"

"No" I lie

He snorts before reaching up and shutting the light, "It's midnight, sleep"

My eyelids drop down slowly as he holds me in his arms, "Carter" 

"Yeah?"

I yawn, "I love you"

He goes very still and I pull the comforter over us a little more, "Carmen"

"Hmm"

"What did you say?" He whispers

"I said I love you" I repeat

"For real?" I nod against him

He didn't reply for awhile, I think it was almost as if he was processing my words. But then finally before sleep took over he replied softly with, "I love you too"

~*~
-CARTER-
Light shines through the curtains and hits against my leg that is currently lying outside of the comforter. For once I woke up feeling happy.... Carmen loves me, I'm still shocked that she said it. I think I've always loved her but I thought that I'd be the one to say it first, I guess not.

"Carmen?"

Not gonna lie I started thinking that last night was a dream because I woke up to an empty bed, I was a little confused as to where C was but then when I got up and walked into the bathroom I saw her. She's leaning on the sink for support whilst holding her stomach with her eyes closed, she's in pain.

"Want me to get anything?" I ask softly

I notice tears fall from her closed eyes as she breathes slowly, "Melissa" Carmen finally whispers

"I'll be right back" I promise before walking out of the room and making my way downstairs. Now the comfort part.... I'm good at that, but I'm useless when it comes to helping with the cramps and shit.

I knock on my mothers office door, "Yes?"

I scratch the back of my head awkwardly as I walk in, "Everything ok?"

"Uhh no.... Carmens in pain and I don't know what to do, she asked for you"

My mother gets up and I follow her to the kitchen, "I bought her some clothes this morning so give her those for when she showers later" I take the bag she hands me