Chapter 7: The History of Duel Monsters and the Advent of the Ice Barriers

Disclaimer: The following is a non-profit fan based fanfiction. Hyperdimension Neptunia is owned by Tsunako, Idea Factory, Felistella, and Compile Heart.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and all other series are created by Takahashi Kazuki.

Please support the official release and have a great day! :)

Chapter 7: The History of Duel Monsters and the Advent of the Ice Barriers

The scene opens with a black background and the voice of Silver talking through the darkness.

"Alright, let's begin. *Ahem* Long ago, when the pyramids were still young, the Egyptian Kings played a game of great and terrible power. They did battle with real magic and real monsters for riches and glory. But, from these Shadow Games erupted a vicious war that threatened to destroy the entire world. Until a brave and powerful Pharaoh locked the magic of the Shadow Games away, imprisoning it for all eternity within the mystical Millennium Items."

When the darkness disappeared, it showed the four CPUS, Azure Nile, and Rachel Sato listening to the spirit of Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon, explaining the origins of how Duel Monsters came to be.

Silver: "As for how the game "Duel Monsters" came to be, I believe Rachel could shed some light on that one. You don't mind, do you?"

Rachel: Sure. I can handle it. *Ahem* Like Silver said, the magic of the Shadow Games existed over five millennia ago. But nowadays, we know the game of Duel Monsters because of a man by the name of Maximilian Pegasus.

Neptune and Noire: Pegasus?

Blanc: I think I read about him in the living room, right after Noire and Neptune finished their Duel.

Vert: Right. I believe it mentioned him as the chairman of a company called "Industrial Illusions". So, I take it he's the one who invented Duel Monsters.

Azure: That's right. Pegasus fell in love with the concept, and decided to bring this 5,000 year-old game to the modern era. And I'm sure your initial reaction to the game when we first met speaks for itself.

Neptune: I'll say. I never would've thought that a card game would be so exciting.

Noire: But there's still one thing I don't understand.

Silver: "What is it?"

Noire: Well, now that we know a little bit more about Duel Monsters, and the fact that Duel Spirits are a thing, what exactly was the reason for Blanc and Vert's Duel to be interrupted.

Flashback

"NOOOOOOO!!! THIS CANNOT BE!!! BEATEN BY MERE HUMANS?!! I-IMPOSSIBLE!!!! I CANNOT LET THIS STAND!!! I... CANNOT NOT... I WILL NOT... I... I... I WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED BY YOU FILTHY, MISERABLE HUMANS... EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"YOU WILL PAY... YOU WILL PAY... YOU WILL PAY... YOU WILL PAY... YOU... WILL... ALL... PAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Everyone then gasped as the increasingly mad Trishula began to fire several consecutive streams of ice at everyone and everything on the field, destroying Reeze, Brionac and Gungnir without any hesitation as they all cried/roared in pain before turning into shattered chunks of ice.

Green Heart (Vert): NO! OUR MONSTERS!!

White Heart (Blanc): INCOMING!!!

"I WILL MAKE ALL OF YOU HUMANS BLEED, THEN YOU WILL ALL SUFFER A MOST PAINFUL DEATH BY MY HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DDDDIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"