Chapter 8: Cold Winds! Blanc vs Vert: Round 2!!!

Disclaimer: The following is a non-profit fan based fanfiction. Hyperdimension Neptunia is owned by Tsunako, Idea Factory, Felistella, and Compile Heart.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and all other series are created by Takahashi Kazuki (R.I.P).

Please support the official release and have a great day! :)

Chapter 8: Cold Winds! Blanc vs Vert: Round 2!!!

A few minutes after the duel between Blanc and Azure had ended, the gang were all back inside of Azure's house, with everyone relaxing in the living room.

For the CPUs, Azure, and Rachel, they were watching one of the duels on the flat-screen TV, as they were all taking it easy while drinking bottled iced tea, eating a few snacks like popcorn, sandwiches, cookies, and bottles of peach flavored iced tea.

Neptune: Man, talk about a crazy afternoon. I still can't believe that Blanc was the first Goddess to actually beat the unbeatable Azure in a duel.

Blanc: I wouldn't say that. After all, it would seem that Azure "let" me win that match. Isn't that right?

Azure looked at Blanc with a smile, before shrugging his shoulders and taking a swig of his iced tea.

Blanc: Well... That's his answer.

Noire: Still... the way that Azure duels is pretty good.

Vert: Indeed. It makes me wonder...

Azure: Hmm?

Rachel: Wonder what?

Vert: Well, let's say if we were to challenge Azure to a duel right now, would we be able to put out a victory?

After hearing this hypothetical question, it made Neptune, Noire, and Blanc immediately think about the possibility of one day taking on their male friend in a duel. While they thought about it, Rachel kinda broke the silence by letting out a small chuckle, catching everybody's attention.

Rachel: Sorry, but I think that might be impossible.

Neptune: What? C'mon, Rachel, you saying we don't have a chance?

Blanc: That's a rather interesting response.

Rachel: I mean, don't get me wrong, you guys are good. Like really good for a couple of beginners, it's just... Well...

Azure: Ahahaha... *Ahem* What Ray's trying to say is that you four need to keep improving in order to be at my level. But contrary to what you may think, I'm actually just an above-average duelist. Nothing more, nothing less.

Noire: Wait what?! Just an "above-average" Duelist?

Azure: ... Yes...?

Noire: Sorry for being a bit skeptical, but I highly doubt that.

Just then, almost out of nowhere, the human spirit of Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon suddenly appeared in the living room.

Silver: "Believe it or not, Noire, but what Siege says is true. There are several other duelists out there that could give my friend here an extremely hard time."

Azure: Yeah, what Silver said.

Vert: So you don't see yourself as this perfect duelist? Why is that?

Azure: Honestly, who wants to be "perfect" all the time? I'd rather just be... well "me". That's just how I see it.

Rachel: Yeah, I'm with Az on this one. Now, don't misunderstand, I definitely know how to handle myself in a duel, but I'm actually nowhere near the level of some of the best duelists in the world.