Ch. 6

Every Thursday, the day before Jungkooks tests he would make his way towards the fairies grove in search of some luck from Taehyung. It became their routine now; Taehyung would wait around the seven stone pond and Jungkook would come with bread that he would bake for the other to try. Instead of just kissing Taehyung and leaving he would now spend hours conversing with the other while eating sweets. They would talk about the differences between their two worlds, their hobbies and anything else they could think of. They were best friends.

The more Jungkook would visit, the longer the kisses lasted. But they were never anything more than that. Just a kiss. For Jungkooks tests, of course. They kept it strictly at pecks, but there was no rule as to how long those pecks could last.

"Kookie..." Taehyungs head was resting on Jungkooks lap, fiddling with his own fingers as Jungkook caressed Taehyungs deep brown curls. They were comfortable like this; it was a regular occurrence for them to be positioned this way, Jungkook playing with Taehyungs hair while Taehyung would rest his head on the other.

"Hm?" Jungkook responded, distracted by the caramel brown eyes that were staring right at him.

"You're really pretty" Although Taehyung was just saying this now, he had been thinking about it for a while. As the two boys grew closer, Taehyung began to understand his feelings. Not only did he like Jungkook as a friend, but he also liked the idea of Jungkook as a lover. After every Thursday, Taehyung would go home to his friends and tell them about how adorable Jungkook was that day, or how careful Jungkook would be when holding him. His friend, Jimin insisted that Jungkook acted that way because he liked Taehyung, but Taehyung dismissed Jimins words, saying it was just Jungkook being respectful. His other friend, Jin urged Taehyung to confess to find out Jungkooks true feelings about Taehyung, but Taehyung always refused, saying it would make things awkward between the two boys because Jungkook would only kiss Taehyung because of luck. Hobi would then tell Taehyung to hint at his feelings to Jungkook and see if the human would reciprocate the hints. That is how Taehyung found himself under Jungkooks gaze, waiting for a response, in hopes that Jungkook would say something that would confirm his wishes.

Jungkook averted his gaze, blushing, messing up his words, "T-thank you. You are pretty too." Jungkook looked everywhere but at Taehyung now, embarrassed at his response. He was caught off guard at Taehyungs complement. "I- I should get going. It is getting late." Jungkook abruptly stood up.

"Oh? Is everything all right?" Taehyung asked, but he knew he was the reason for Jungkook leaving so abruptly.

"Y-yes I just remembered I have to help my mom with something." Jungkook said as he quickly gathered his things not even batting an eye at Taehyung.

"Kookie" Taehyung said in a whisper.

"Bye Taehyung!" Jungkook said running off.