4: Legends until the End of Time

"And then—"

"The travelers have reached the gate." The Elder says suddenly, cutting (C/F) Cookie off mid-story.

"What?"

"Those five friends of yours have reached the entrance of Hero's Gate."

"Woah, how do you know that?"

"The guardian told me."

"Oh, cool?" They don't understand, but get up to follow him anyway.

There were secret tunnels that allowed for easier travel to the gate, while being able to see those on the path easily.

"Hey guys." (C/F) Cookie greets Gingerbrave and the rest.

"(C/F) Cookie!" Gingerbrave smiles, "We were starting to wonder if you were just farther ahead."

"No, I just had to run here real quick."
This was mostly true, the secret passageways had no danger, so they had easily run ahead to get there faster. "What have you guys found so far?"

"Well." Wizard Cookie starts.

"A whole lot of treasure!" Chili Pepper Cookie cuts in.
She and (C/F) Cookie laugh loudly.

"Ahem." Wizard Cookie coughs, "We haven't found anything new. We found a group of giant cookie statues just before we ran into you before."

"Was there five of them?" (C/F) Cookie asks.

"How did you know?" Strawberry Cookie gasps.

"Obviously they must be the five ancient heroes. I mean, no one else would be carved into a statue on the path to the Vanilla Kingdom." They laugh.

"What about you?" Custard Cookie III asks, "Would you also possibly have your face carved into rock?"

"Uh, no?" They frown, "Why would I be one?"

"Well, you just seem important!" The childish cookie smiles widely.

"Really?" They tightly clasp their hands together. "I've never been told that before..."

"Are you ok?" Strawberry cookie asks, noticing they were visibly shaking.

"Yep!"

"You sure?" Gingerbrave asks.

"Uh huh!"

"Alright, then let's go!" He leads the way through the Hero's Gate.

"This place feels different." Strawberry Cookie comments, "Is this what the Vanilla Kingdom was like?"

"Let's hurry and let them know about their king's return!" Custard Cookie III cheers.

"Mhe he, that kingdom better be rich. I'm filling my bags tonight!" Chili Pepper Cookie laughs.

"I hope that'll be enough to get me that new DLC..." Strawberry Cookie smiles.

"I hate to be the pessimist, but I doubt we'll reach there by tonight. It's still quite a ways from here..." They frown. Lying to these kids felt so wrong.

"All the more reason to hurry!" Gingerbrave grins. "I wonder what awaits us at the opposite end!"

They all start the run through the Hero's Gate.
(C/F) Cookie mostly examined the many pillars all around as the rest fought the enemies. It wasn't enough to keep their mind off the idea that everything they were doing is pointless.

"Hey, (C/F) Cookie!" Wizard Cookie yells to get their attention, "Come see this tapestry?"

"Hmm?" They wander over and stare up at the image of a familiar cookie and a sheep overlooking a mountain range.