5: Unending Dread

[AHHHH! It got deleted!]

"So..." (C/F) Cookie breaks the silence of the trek through the forest—the group had been pointed that way following the defeat of the Sugar Guardian and the reveal of the disappearance of the Vanilla Kingdom—"Anything anyone want to talk about?"

"Why don't you go first?" Strawberry Cookie suggests, "You've been with us for a while, and we still know so little about you."

"To be fair, every time I've shared a story with you I've freaked you all out." They chuckle nervously.

"They aren't that bad." Custard Cookie III shrugs, "Do you have any silly stories?"

"Yeah, (C/F) Cookie! Why don't you tell us about the Vanilla Kingdom?" White Lily Cookie laughs.

Their eyes widen as everyone gasps.

"What?!" All five adventurers yell in unison.

"Uhhh... I uh, *cough* I don't know what she's talking about..." They go pale.

"Yes you do!" White Lily Cookie giggles, "Stop lying to them!"

"Why- why would I be lying?" They internally scream at her to shut up.

"Hmm, are you just embarrassed by it? After all you are—"

"I'M GOING TO STOP YOU THERE!" They shout, their pale face flushing brightly with embarrassment of what she almost just said. "It's not even that big a deal..."

"You're from the Vanilla Kingdom?" Wizard Cookie exclaims.

"No, I uh, technically am, I guess, but really I'm older than it." (C/F) Cookie shrugs.

"No way! So you must have known Pure Vanilla Cookie!" Custard Cookie III declares.

White Lily Cookie snickers.

"In a sense, yeah. I mean, he was a very busy king and always had so much to do. Really it was—" They don't realize that they're progressively speaking faster and faster.

"(C/F) Cookie!" White Lily Cookie cuts them off.

"Huh?"

Silence.

"Can you not talk so fast?" Strawberry Cookie asks.

"Oh, sorry." They bashfully rubs their arm, "I just don't want to talk about that."

"That's ok. You don't have to." GingerBrave assures them.

"Uh, does anyone else have stories they want to share?" Strawberry Cookie asks, "I mean, I could talk about my games, but I don't know if any of you would want to listen to that..."

"You don't have to say anything either. I, for one, would love to hear about them, but it's ok to just have silence as we walk." (C/F) Cookie smiles weakly.

"But silence is boring!" Chili Pepper Cookie whines.

"Then how do you suggest we fill it?" Custard Cookie III asks her.

"Hmm, how about I swipe your scepter and we'll listen to you yelling at me to give it back?"

"Please don't do that." Wizard Cookie groans.

White Lily Cookie chuckles beside (C/F) Cookie as the two follow behind the five fighters.

"It's so nice to see such great friends; they remind me of when we all joked around like this."

"Yeah." They nod sadly.

"Why don't you want to tell them?" She asks.

"How much do you remember?"