19: Truth

It was getting a bit obvious to every Cookie that (C/F) Cookie and Pure Vanilla Cookie are avoiding each other.

Pure Vanilla Cookie at least has a reason, he had told Black Raisin Cookie that he was waiting for them to talk to him, but for (C/F) Cookie... They just laughed awkwardly and changed the subject every time anyone asked when they are going to talk to him.

"You're being ridiculous over nothing!" Strawberry Crepe Cookie says to them, "He's willing to listen to you on this now!"

"Eh heh heh..." (C/F) Cookie glances around the Hangar, "What are those?"

"Stop changing the subject!" The child throws a broken waffle sword at them, "Why don't you want to talk to him?"

They groan, having dodged the now even more broken sword, "It's going to be embarrassing..."

"Of course it is!" Strawberry Crepe Cookie snorts, "But do you really want to test his patience with you?"

(C/F) Cookie grumbles, burying their face in their hands.

"His anticipation is practically becoming his entire being! If you don't act soon I may have to add it to his ingredient list!"

"...Do you have one of those for everyone?"

"Yeah, Cookies ask to see theirs all the time! Hey! No changing the subject!"

"Fine..." (C/F) Cookie grumbles, "I just... haven't decided what to say..."

"Not my problem." The kid starts messing with their equipment.

"Yeah... but what am I supposed to say! This isn't a very common situation!" They exclaim.

"Well, why don't you start by just telling me how you feel about him?" Strawberry Crepe Cookie doesn't look up from their project.

"Well..." They think, "I am mad at him for not respecting my decision to leave and locking me in prison... but he probably would've let me go soon anyway..." They pause, thinking hard.

"Uh huh..."

"I'm also still upset with him lying so much to cover up his outright obsession with me." They frown, "He threatened a few and got pretty angry at other Cookies for their interactions with me. But at the same time... now that I know we're making progress on setting boundaries, and he's worked hard to never ensure he never crumbles someone..." They sigh, "But he's still lied to me so much... and I was happier than ever without him. But he was always there for me, not like anyone else... and... I know it will definitely take communication and work to have anything like what we've had before..."

"Yeah..."

"You're not listening..." They add, looking up at Strawberry Crepe Cookie fiddling with their stuff.

"Yep."

"I'm going to go..." They shake their head, making their way towards the door.

"Are you gonna go talk to him?"

"Not right now..."

"You better do it soon!" Strawberry Crepe Cookie insists.

"I will." They frown, opening the door, "See you later..." They leave, waving hello to the villagers they pass on their way back to the castle.

Walking when they're upset is still their habit, one they had never managed to break. It just gives them more time to think, while not making them worry about being too lost in thought and falling over due to the weight of their problem.

"Hey, (C/F) Cookie... are you ok?" A villager Cookie–whose name they weren't quite certain of because of just how many villagers there are–asks.

They finally heave a sigh and plop onto a nearby bench (their feet might have been autopiloting them to it because they knew the likelihood that Pure Vanilla Cookie is in the castle hiding from them is pretty high and they didn't want to accidentally run into him). "No."