10: Timeless Kingdom

[I'm about to kiss my sanity goodbye with the sheer amount of in game text I'm gonna have to write. Also this chapter is longer than the others, almost double the normal length.]

Healer Cookie could feel their presence, but it wasn't as clear as it had been when they were standing right beside him. He missed the feeling of their hand in his, the lack of it was driving him insane and it had only been about an hour since they ran off!
It was definitely his fault that they did... but why?

"Healer Cookie, are you ok?" Strawberry Cookie asks him.

"Yes, I'm quite alright. I'm just worried about (C/F) Cookie." He smiles at her.

Poor girl had no idea that if (C/F) Cookie was still in the castle he'd rip apart every inch of it to find them. Not even the replaying events of the day it fell were enough to distract his mind from them.

"Uh, are you sure that's the only problem?" Chili Pepper Cookie adds.

"Yes."

The spicy Cookie pales at how direct and short his answer was. It was almost like someone else had answered for him.

"Come on! Maybe they're still here." GingerBrave says with total optimism.

"No, I imagine they left some time ago." Healer Cookie frowns.

"Why do you say that?" Wizard Cookie asks.

"They didn't seem too happy about being here."

"They didn't?" Custard Cookie III says, "But this Kingdom is their home!"

"..." Healer Cookie doesn't reply.

The cakes around end the conversation by attacking the group.

Healer Cookie had other things on his mind though as he followed with the group, assisting where Custard Cookie III could not.

They seemed unnerved by him when he last saw them... did they not recognize him?

It had taken him a moment to recognize their presence when he felt them so close by down in the village. He had thought it was impossible until he saw them and the child healer.

But even then, they seemed far more suspicious of his intention, which was unlike them.
Had he finally made a mistake and hurt them? Should he have just kept them with him and sealed them in the castle with himself?

"Phew, these sponge brains are everywhere!" Wizard Cookie breathes a sigh of relief, "That last bout was close... I almost lost my hat!"

"... Hmm." The cake butler, Esterházy, examines the group closely.

"Oh! Stop staring at us!" Chili Pepper Cookie yells, "Hey, wait a second... you look like that Choco Werehound Brute!"

"I have been awaiting your arrival, Cookies." Esterházy says, "Please follow me. Your presence is requested elsewhere."

"What are you up to?!" GingerBrave asks, suspicious of the cake.

"One of great power awaits you. If you would, please... this way."

He leads them to the dining hall as well, in all its redecorated glory... where Dark Enchantress Cookie sat with her followers around the table.