Epilogue

Normal is a general term. It describes the way things are usually done. Normality isn't ever going to cover any one thing perfectly, it's just the expected outcome.

Trying is a better word for everything. Something may not turn out as planned, but as long as the intention of one is to fix whatever harm their actions may have caused, then what more can we expect of them?

It had been a few days (at least, no one was really keeping track anymore) and while things might not be "normal" it was likely they never would be.

The Vanilla Kingdom was being put back together—not because of a powerful ruler guiding their way, but because everyone was willing to try.
Things may not be the way they were, but they were trying to exceed what they were before.

Black Raisin Cookie and Strawberry Crepe Cookie weren't constantly fighting anymore... physically at least. Their personalities made verbal fights impossible to avoid (usually in the form of Strawberry Crepe Cookie throwing a tantrum).

As for Pure Vanilla Cookie... he was... adjusting. When one thing is a certain way for a long time, it's important to take the steps needed to ensure the problem doesn't return, and he's doing just that.
He's by no means perfect, but he hasn't acted irrationally... or exploded in rage at anyone. He also let Strawberry Crepe Cookie use the Wafflebots to rip apart the dungeon "for science." (Everyone who knows what he did knows that was not really why... they also know that that is why he and (C/F) Cookie are not saying they're lovers anymore.)

(C/F) Cookie knocks on the door to Pure Vanilla Cookie's chambers.

"Come in."

They push open the door and find him sitting at his desk.

"Oh! Hello (C/F) Cookie." He smiles at them.

"Hi... what are you doing?" They walk over and peer over his shoulder.

"Oh! I'm just finally writing letters to all our friends! This one specifically is for Hollyberry Cookie." Pure Vanilla Cookie smiles, pausing in his writing.

"Oh?" They scan over what he's written before grabbing the quill in his hand.

"Yes, I still have a responsibility to them as— uh, what are you...?"

He watches as they stick a little postscript in the bottom corner:
"P.S. be sure to tell Royal Berry Cookie and Jungleberry Cookie hi for us!"

"Haha!" He takes the quill they were handing back to him, "That's really all you wanted to say?"

"Yes." They nod, holding in a laugh. "Don't you remember how I teased them to no end, and then they got married... and it really turned the tables on who could tease who..."

"I do." Pure Vanilla Cookie snickers, remembering (C/F) Cookie's face at their wedding party on the occasion. "I had never seen that boy with a face that looked so much like his mother's."

"That's because her default is a smug grin." They finally let out a small laugh.

"I suppose that is true." He smiles softly, "Did you need something?"

"Hmm, no." They shrug, "I just wanted to see what you were doing?"

"Well... Do you want to help me write these? It could be more fun than just sitting here in silence."

"Hmm... I doubt Dark Cacao Cookie would appreciate all the sarcastic comments I would have you write." They sit down on his bed.

"I'd appreciate them." He laughs.

"Hmm... alright then."

"Then who shall we start with? I'm eager to hear what it is you want to say."

[Thanks everyone. It's been fun. I will now only write wholesome Pure Vanilla Cookie fics because it doesn't seem like there are many of those...

I do have a few random oneshots for him I wrote before I actually started this story! (That was like... December, I think? I had the prologue oneshot sitting around for like a week before I kept going...) Half of them are not great! {I may post them to my oneshot book for criticism and just to show how my writing of him has changed}
Shove enough ideas and pressure on me and I'll write and another one of these (not a sequel!!! That's unneeded!) because I think I'd be willing to suffer through Google Docs crashing every time I accidentally rotate my phone for another Pure Vanilla story.]