chapter five -- Him

Maris Pov

I finished packing my tiny bag for the night and ended up taking a nice hot shower.

I went into the bathroom and gasped. This bathroom was beautiful. The wall was stainless steel, the floor was marble, and the shower was huge. When coming to live with the joker I don't expect anything less. I am so jealous of Harley. I hope one day I can find someone who is going to make me happy and take those years with Luka and turn them into dust.  

I finally finished my shower and walked back into my room. Harley came running through the door.

"Damn Harley you okay?"

Harley looked at me and smiled. "You bethca. Puddin wanted to give you this but, he is talking to his new men. So, he's in a meeting" Harley said with a little giggle at the end. 

I smiled and looked at my new phone. It had a beautiful case and had ladybug written. all over the back of the phone.  I looked at Harley and smiled.

"So about tomorrow, do I have to wear a costume for school or?" I side smiled.

Harley started laughing. I looked at her confused. Harley finally looked up at me. "No darlin, you can wear whatever you like! but, this school actually only has twenty people in it and joker knows every single one of them. The teachers are good friends of jokers, so we are in good hands, even two of joker's men have to go to school, they don't go everyday but 3 days of the week they are at school and 4 days in the warehouse."

I was in shocked but happy for this fresh start. I smiled at Harley and blushed. "Are joker's men available by chance" I said with a little giggle. 

Harleys eyes widen and shake her head. "Now, according to joker they are all married and only two of them are single, but they are not allowed to date because, one they joined too early in age, so they are stuck for years as joker's henchman, and they have rules to follow, and oblige the leader aka the joker. Second if they two were to date, they have to date someone the joker knows. I can't tell you their names, you have to find out for yourself. but you will never see them because they are always busy." Harley said very serious.

I nodded and turned towards the mirror in my room and saw my arms covered in bruises and my legs with scratches on them. Harley came up behind me in the mirror and smiled at me.

"Don't worry darlin, you will find your mate and you will be the happiest and you will never look at yourself like this again."

I smiled and hugged Harley. 

"Thank you, Harley, for saving me and being my best friend."

"Awe I love you Mari, I got a surprise for you!"

I looked at her confused. She grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the room. We went down the long hallway of joker's mansion and ended up in a dark room. Harley let go of me and turned on the lights and I was in complete shocked. 

I looked around the room and it looked like a clothing store was in front of me. There were racks of shoes on the wall and racks of clothing all over the place. I walked forward and literally almost started crying. I was in awe of the room. I started smiling like crazy and Harley came up to me.

 "So puddin made his men build me this closet about a month ago and you can have access to anything in here, what's mine is yours."

"Thank you, Harley, so much" I smiled, and she smiled back at me.

Out of nowhere Harley's phone started ringing and she looked down at her phone, she answered with no hesitation. 

"hey baby"