Dancing in the Moonlight

Prompt: "Dance with me."

Warnings: Fluff

____________________

While lying down on your bed, you stare at the ceiling of your room, waiting on your sister to be done changing.

Tonight there's a festival at the Madrigal's Casita. Anyone who wanted to go was invited. Although, you didn't want to go; your sister still begged you, saying how it's 'necessary to show up to such special events.' You just weren't feeling it tonight.

Finally, (S/N) steps out of the bathroom, her hair styled perfectly, and her makeup on just for a natural look. She smiles and hurries over to you, her colourful dress swishing every-which-way.

"Get up, (Y/N)! You still need to fix your hair and we should've left five minutes ago!" Your sister huffs, tugging on your arm to pull you off the bed.

Rolling your eyes, you mumble under your breath. "Well, if you weren't in the bathroom so long..."

(S/N) gives you a mock-offended look, rolling her eyes as well. "Well, when going to a festival, you need to look presentable. Now, vamos!"

You allow your sister to pull you up, though try to protest as she pulls you into the bathroom, saying how she needs to fix your hair. Deciding you won't be able to win, you give up, letting her style your hair. To your surprise, you actually really like it. You wouldn't have thought this kind of look would fit you perfectly.

However, when she pulls out a small bag of makeup, you absolutely refuse.

"Come on, just a little makeup?"

"No." You give her a stern look and she huffs, pushing a tube of lip balm towards your hands.

"At least put on some lip balm?"

As much as you wanted to say no, you thought you'd at least give her this, so, albeit reluctantly, you agreed.

Standing to your feet, you follow her out of the room, grabbing anything necessary. As you walk out of the house, your sister grabs your arm, rushing you to catch up. "Come on, hermana, we're already late!"

You snort, forcing yourself to pick up speed in order to keep up with her. "And whose fault is that?" You snark, smiling in satisfaction at her disapproving look.

Soon enough, the two of you arrive at the Casita. Lots of people were already present, making the place seem full and lively. As you're examining the surroundings thoughtfully, your sister nudges your arm, motioning towards Isabella Madrigal, who's currently blooming flowers left and right for people as they arrive. "Hey, if you need me, I'll be getting a flower crown from Isabella."

(S/N) walks off, leaving you to look around uneasily. You aren't one for social events much, and when you do go, it's always to stick to the shadows, only attending because of a friend of family.

Letting your gaze drift across everyone's face, you sigh in disappointment. Of course. You can't see anyone else you talk to, and you don't prefer talking to strangers as most of these people seem to enjoy doing. So, you decide to accept defeat, listening to the music playing and sauntering over to a table covered with all different types of foods, most cooked by Julieta Madrigal, meaning it was bound to be delicious.

As you do, you can feel someone's gaze on you. Turning around slightly, you see Maria, the last person you'd like to see, staring right at you, a disgusted look on her face. You try to ignore her by turning back around, grabbing a churro before trying to leave, only for her to stop right in front of you.