Feliz Día de San Valentín

Prompt: It's Valentine's Day and Camilo wanted to surprise you

(Not Requested)

Warnings: Fluff

"Perfect! Right there!"

You tilt your head, admiring the beautiful array of flowers Isabela grew. Bright red and pink roses cover the railings around Casita in various patterns— mainly to ensure the plants aren't overbearing. Right in front of Casita is a big table covered with a white cloth. Each seat has a little knitted scarf hanging on it. Mirabel had chosen to give everyone gifts and left them at each person's spot at the table.

In the center of the surface is a glass vase with an arrangement of flowers in it. Unlike the roses on Casita, these are... not perfect. Which is perfect. The colours aren't just red and pink or white like the typical colour code of the holiday, but rather are just pretty. Just compliments to the palette of everything else.

Isabela is lowered to the ground by her vines, causing her to land right in front of you. She turns to Casita and studies it for a moment. "It's perfect."

You smile as she turns to you with a grin. "Gracias, (Y/N)."

Waving her off, you shrug. "It's no problem. Anything else you guys need help with?"

Truth be told, you had offered to help the Madrigals, seeing as you are Isabela's close friend. Although it is only afternoon, you feel exhausted from helping. You'd been up since 6:00 because of Mirabel needing help.

Isabela rolls her eyes playfully. "You've helped all day. It's fine. Besides," she trials off, stepping forward before turning to you with a sly smirk. "Mi primo has a surprise for you."

The smile on your face fades into an embarrassed one. Camilo.

You clear your throat, tilting your head. "What- what do you mean?"

She raises an eyebrow, grabbing your shoulders and forcing you to follow her inside Casita. "I'm not gonna ruin the surprise! But trust me, you'll love it." She drags you up the steps, stopping at Camilo's door.

With a nervous look, you reach for the doorknob, turning to her for any explanation. "Isa, are you-"

"Just go already! Although I have no clue what you see in him, he's got a perfect gift for you." With that, she waves her hand, causing a red rose to pop up behind your ear. You grab the flower, running your thumb over the silky texture before looking up, only to find she'd already left.

So, with a deep breath, you step into his room.

The room is dark, hardly any light illuminating the space. Thankfully, you know his room like the back of your hand, so you don't stumble over much. As you reach the little stage at the end of his room, your stomach twists in anticipation. Sure you like him, and you're pretty sure he likes you, but the two of you have never said so. Heck, you haven't even kissed. So a Valentine's Day gift? The thought excites you, a nauseous flutter filling your stomach in response.

You stop right in front of the stage, opening your mouth to say something. Just as you do, a single light flicks on, revealing Camilo to be standing in the center of the stage with a wide smile.

"¡Hola, mi vida!"

The smile growing on your face is irrepressible. "Camilo, what- what is all this?"

Camilo steps to the side, grabbing a guitar before standing in the center once more. "This," he pauses, sending you a soft smile and wink, "is all for you."