Mi Hermosa

Request: The reader has a skin defect: vitiligo.

        Requested by: moneybags855  (on Quotev)

        Warnings: Slight angst, Fluff, (The fact it took me so long to post this is honestly scary, lmbo)

____________________

        You apply the finishing touches to your makeup, as you face the mirror, looking for any spots you might've missed. Satisfied, you set aside the bag of cosmetics, leaving the bathroom to grab your bag. Today you plan on visiting the Madrigals. Specifically, you were going to spend time with your best friend, Mirabel, and hopefully, see Camilo. If he's not doing chores, that is.

        As a last second thought, you backtrack, grabbing the bag of makeup and stuffing it into your bag as you leave your house. You actually don't even really like wearing it, but you rather wear it than get odd looks from everyone. At times, it feels like a burden to have the skin defect. Many times, to be exact. When you were younger, you were mocked for it, and once you learned about makeup, you started wearing it, never going out in public without it.

        Not many people even know of your condition. Only your familia and Mirabel really know.

        Making your way towards Casita, you hum, gazing off towards patches of flowers made by Isabela and the animals, which are attracted by Antonio, of course.

        While watching a bird fly right past you, swerving in the air, you smile and suddenly bump into someone, causing you to stumble back. "Oh, I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention-"

        You cut yourself off upon seeing Camilo standing there, a smile stretching across his face. "It's okay, I should've paid better attention too." You smile back, about to say something before he interrupts. "You and Mirabel decide to hang out today?" He looks behind him, towards Casita, happy to have an excuse to talk to you more.

        "Yeah, actually. You heading off to interact with the town?"

        "Yup. I should probably get going. I'll see you soon, hermosa." With that, he walks off, having unconsciously said that and catching you off guard.

        For a moment you can't help but watch him walk away, eyes widened at the sweet nickname. Finally, you shake your head, ignoring the tight feeling in your stomach, and you hurry to the nursery.

        As soon as you open the door, Mirabel jumps out at you, whacking you with a pillow. Immediately caught off guard, you shield your face, letting out a yelp. When you stumble back, you trip on the corner of the doorframe, causing you to fall backwards. Hearing her burst out laughing as you process what was going on, you stand and give her a playful shove. "Hey! What was that for?"

        She takes a moment to catch her breath, until she snorts causing her to laugh even harder. At this point, a smile of your own is pulling at the corner of your lips.

        "I'm sorry, just- ha!"

        You roll your eyes and huff, moving to set your things on her bed while she catches her breath.

        Once she's calmed down, she puts the pillow back in its place, and envelops you in a bear-hug. "Mi-ira, I can't b-breathe-" You struggle to form the words as she squeezes you tightly. The second she lets you go, you take in a breath of air.

        "So... Wanna see what little Antonio is up to?" Your eyes light up. He's like a little brother to you, and you can't deny how adorable he can be.