Camping Snack

Prompt: (Y/N) joins the Madrigals in a campfire, enjoying s'mores in the starlight.

        Requested by: Lily56781 (On Quotev)

        Warnings: Fluff

        The fire gently crackles as you watch its flames glow against the dark sky. Currently, you're waiting on Camilo and Luisa to finish setting things up.

        Camilo had invited you on a little camping trip his familia was going on. It isn't far, just on the outskirts of the Encanto. The small clearing holds a beautiful view of the stars and seems perfect for camping. That is until you feel warm breath on your neck. You turn, slightly confused only to jump and fall from you seat at the bear tilting its head at you.

        "Ay! Antonio! Your bear scared the life out of me!" Antonio laughs, climbing down from the animal's back. You smile, rolling your eyes and picking him up. "What did I say about sneaking up on me with your friends?"

        "But he wanted to say hello! I can't help that he's curious." Antonio smiles, laughing at your expression.

        "You're just as sassy as your hermano."

        "What about me?"

        You look over to see Camilo holding a few logs along with Luisa and Agustin. He sets them down, walking over to join you. Rolling your eyes, you nudge his arm. "Antonio is going to be just like you."

        Camilo laughs, shapeshifting into said brother. "Or I'm just like him?"

        "And point proven."

        You turn with a smile on your face, only for the same bear to be inches from your face. Again, you jump, causing both boys to laugh. "I'm going to find Mirabel. You two are insufferable," you groan, pushing through some brush in search for her.

        Earlier, she went for a short walk around, but she hadn't said exactly where. So here you are, wandering the woods blindly. It isn't long until you hear a muffled voice. You follow it, leading you to a clearing. "Annnd, no!... Mmmm, yes! I caught it!" In the center of the dim clearing stands Mirabel, her hands encased over each other.

        You step forward, pushing past a few branches and startling Mirabel in the process. A little light flies out of her hands as she jumps. "Heh, sorry." You smile in apology, joining her. "What are you doing anyway?"

        "Ah, I was going to head back but I saw some fireflies and decided to catch some!"

        Your eyebrows furrow and you tilt your head. "You aren't going to trap them in a jar, are you?"

        She waves her hands, turning to catch the next one. "No, no, it's just fun to catch them and then let them go." After catching another, she holds her hands out in front of you, slowly opening them and revealing a firefly crawling across her palm. You watch as the little bug makes its way to the tip of her thumb, only then spreading its wings and flying off. "Wanna join me?"

        A grin stretches across your face and you nod, going on to catch a different one. Gently closing one in your palms, you smile at the light and ticklish sensation it leaves on your skin. Lifting one hand up, you watch as the bug crawls. It doesn't leave as quick as the one earlier. The firefly simply makes its way all the way around your hand, and you gently flip your hand to adjust to the bug's position.

        "(Y/N)! Mirabel!"

        Camilo's voice sounds out not far from where you and Mirabel stand, and you turn to the direction it came from.