Pay Attention to Me

Prompt: "I'm not going to stop poking you until you give me some attention."

        Requested (on Quotev) by: simpingforqueenrara

        Warnings: Fluff

____________________

        Currently, you're helping clean up the table after dinner with the Madrigals. Julieta tried to insist that you don't need to help, but she already does so much for everyone. She has to cook already almost constantly to keep up a stock of food for everyone. Even so, she didn't want to hear it.

        "(Y/N), I promise, it's okay. Go upstairs and enjoy yourself, let me clean up the table."

        Grabbing a plate and stacking it on top of another, you smile at her warmly. "I insist, señora, I-"

        Camilo grabs the plates out of your hands, sliding them away from you both across the table, and cuts you off. "Come on, (Y/N), we can go find something to do before you have to leave."

        You turn to give Camilo a look, only gaining an innocent smile in response.

        ", (Y/N). You two can spend more time together. I'll handle this." Julieta pushes you encouragingly out of the room, along with Camilo, who had yet to let go of you.

        Hesitantly, you sigh, agreeing to relax. Your gaze flicks over to Camilo, half-hanging off your shoulder.

        "So what do you want to do?" Camilo asks.

        "¡Ah, madre mía! I forgot about the banners for the festival!" Immediately, you pull away from Camilo's grasp, hurrying up the stairs and towards his room. After all, it's where you left the banners and supplies. You had been working on them yesterday, but had forgotten about them since.

        You don't usually decorate or play a part in any of the events, but since Dolores was going to be spending time with Mariano and Isabela needed someone else to help decorate, she decided to ask you.

        Unbeknownst to you, Camilo watches you scurry up the stairs, a small frown on his face. As he begins to follow you, la Casita pushes him forwards, urging him to join you. This earns a small smile from the boy and he quickly makes his way to his door.

        Upon opening it, he sees you already sprawled out on the floor, pencil in hand as you finish tracing a design on the paper. Your (H/C) falls over your face as you work, covering your sight for a moment. You blow at the strand, annoyed, and Camilo can't help but smile at the scene.

        He steps inside, closing the door behind him. Walking over to you, he plops down beside you, watching your fluent movements. The way your eyebrows scrunch together as you work, your lips turned down into a small pout. It's time like this that Camilo enjoys; being able to appreciate you and your quirks.

        Although wanting to spend time with you, he settles on just watching you work, offering help if needed, as he waits for you to finish.

        The next day is the same way; you work the entire time as Camilo sits next to you. As the daylight slowly fades away, you move towards a lamp, using its light to continue working. Not long passes before you hear Camilo huff, scooting to sit next to you. Glancing over, you see a small frown on his face, prompting you to raise an eyebrow. "Yes?"

        "Can't you take a break and just cuddle for awhile?" he questions, resting his chin on your shoulder.

        The question makes you smile, but you shake your head softly. "Lo siento, mi vida. I have to get this finished for tomorrow."

        Camilo groans, trying to persuade you to spend time with him instead. "But it already looks so good! Come on, please?" When you shake your head once more, he sighs, sitting up straight and staring at you. Suddenly, he pokes your cheek, causing you to look at him, seeing his pout. Your gaze flickers back to the banner, and your focus shifts away from him, to which he responds by poking your cheek repeatedly.

        After a minute of him nonstop pestering you, you turn to him and huff. "Camilo. Te amo, pero tengo que terminar esto." Camilo smiles at your words, knowing you'll break eventually.

        "¿Por favor?"

        "I have to finish," you giggle, picking up a new marker and tracing over letters.

        Again, Camilo begins poking you, watching your focussed expression morph into an exasperated one. You try to ignore it, and Camilo catches on, simply stating the purpose of it. "I'm not going to stop poking you until you give me some attention."

        Finally, you tear your gaze from the paper, looking at his stubborn face. You search his eyes for a moment before leaning over and pressing a light kiss to the corner of his mouth, earning a surprised look from him. As you turn back with a smile, you roll your eyes playfully, picking up a different marker.

        Camilo watches you for a moment before a smirk forces its way to his features at an idea. Without warning, you feel Camilo's arms wrap around your waist, swiftly picking you up and causing you to squeal in surprise. He steps towards his bed, setting you down and immediately hugging you, preventing you from leaving his grasp.

        You laugh at his actions before lightly tapping his hands, signaling that you wanted to get up. "Camilo, necesito-"

        "No."

        "I need to finish the banner for the festi-"

        Camilo again refuses, holding you in place. "It can wait. You're always so busy lately. Especially because of el festival."

        You give him a small smile, seeming apologetic. "Isabela and Julieta have needed help with things. Lo siento, I promise I'll spend more time with you once I finish."

        He raises an eyebrow and asks, "After you finish?" You nod and he huffs, pulling you back while lying next to you. "Not good enough. I'll start poking you again if you don't take a break."

        The playful warning makes you smile, but you decide to stand your ground. "Camilo, I don't want to disappoint Isabela-"

        You're suddenly cut off by him tickling you. It catches you off guard and you squeal in surprise, unable to refrain from laughing. He smirks as you swat his hands away, gasping for air between fits of laughter. After struggling to fight him off, you yell, "Okay, o-okay! I surrender!"

        The moment he ceases tickling you, you relax again, trying to catch your breath. Upon seeing Camilo's smug look, you roll your eyes and quickly grab a pillow, lightly whacking him with it. "You're mean, you know that?"

        His response is a nod, chuckling. "Yeah, yeah, I know. But the banner already looks so good! Plus, I want attention."

        Squinting your eyes, you give him a playful look. "¿Y si digo que no?"

        You watch as Camilo studies your expression, a small smirk evident upon your face. After a moment, he shrugs, a mischievous look in his eyes. "Entonces-" He leans towards you, surprising you when you feel him press his lips against yours. It doesn't take you long to respond, sliding your eyes closed as you kiss back, your hand drifting up and burying into his curls.

        You pull away first, catching your breath and sending him a warm smile. "Maybe I can finish the banner later." You trail off, happy to see Camilo's bright smile.

        He decides to pull you closer to him, resting his head on his chest while you play with his hair lovingly.

        A/N- It's a little short, but I hope you enjoyed! Have a good day/night and stay safe!

        -Bunny<3