Chapter Nine: Kitten And Meow Meow

The show had ended two hours ago. After I got everything cleaned up, I took the bag that needed to be dry cleaned and dropped it off. I really didn't even think about going to find Yoongi. I was used to my after-concert routine, so I did it, then I walked back to our hotel. It wasn't too far away, just a few blocks. On my way, my phone buzzed, so I pulled it out of my pocket.

Yoongi: Hey. Are you still at the venue?

Cassi: No. I had to find the dry cleaners, so that I can pick the clothes up before we leave in the morning. Now I'm walking back to the hotel.

Yoongi: You're what? Alone?

Cassi: Umm...yes? Am I helpless or something?

Yoongi: No. You're definitely not helpless. But what if something happens to you?

Cassi: Then I guess it's a good thing that we've only partially bonded. You know that fully bonded soulmates don't live long after their partner dies.

Yoongi: Tell me something...If somebody were to attack you, then what would you use to defend yourself?

Cassi: My award-winning sarcasm, of course.

Yoongi: Of course.

Cassi: I have a pocket knife on me, honey. I always do. Granted...it's shaped like a mermaid, because my 6-year-old niece picked it out. But I do have one.

Yoongi: Not gonna lie...the mental image of you fighting off an attacker with a mermaid knife is kind of hilarious. All the same, can you just tell me where you are so that I can come and get you?

Cassi: That's not necessary, Yoongi. I'm fine.

Yoongi: Please?

I sighed, but dropped him a pin of my location. Being a soulmate was going to take some getting used to, but I guess that it's sweet that he's worried about me. I don't necessarily have to fight him about it, just because I prefer to be independent.

Yoongi: Thank you. I'll be there in a few minutes, Kitten. Stay put.

I looked around. Stay put? I was just supposed to stand here in the middle of the sidewalk? I really shouldn't have even told him where I was. What if we were seen? ARMY would have a field day. They loved all seven guys to an extreme. And the more crazy ones didn't like when one of them even looked at a girl.

I saw a bench about half a block away, so I walked down there and sat down, looking at my surroundings. This area was a little creepy. Yoongi may have a point in being worried. Not that I'd ever tell him that. I could still take care of myself. I had done just that, ever since I moved to South Korea, three years ago.

It's been a rough go of it. I missed the US. I missed blackberry Sprites from Sonic. I missed my parents and my siblings. I missed my dog. He was probably what I missed the most. I needed to go home soon to visit him. And maybe my parents, too. Definitely my little brother, since he was the one who was taking care of my dog for me.

I felt a touch on my shoulder and I almost jumped out of my skin. I had been so deep in thought, that I hadn't even heard him walk up to me.

"Cassi?" Yoongi asked. "Are you okay? I didn't mean to scare you. I said your name several times."

"I'm sorry. I was deep in thought."

"About what?" he asked as he sat down beside me on the bench.

"About home."

"Do you miss it? The US?" he asks. He looks nervous. Like he thinks I'm about to announce that I'm going back home. Which is ridiculous.

"I miss my family," I tell him. "And I really miss my dog."