Three

Today is match day and potentially the day i make my debut for this great club. Our first game of the season is against Granadilla Tenerife at home.

I decided to sit next to Alexia on the bus and we had some pretty random conversations during our journey to our stadium. Once we got there we entered the locker room before inspecting the pitch.

They do things differently over here. Instead of getting changed in the locker room, we arrive in our kit to the stadium, which isn't a bad thing, i think it's easier.

Before our warmups i put my socks, shin guards and boots on and then i was ready. I had a pretty strong warmup, scoring a few goals along the way and producing a couple of exquisite passes which excited the crowd.

Before i knew it, the game had begun. I was sitting beside Lieke and Jana.

"Are you excited?"
Lieke asked in her Dutch accent, which i find rather easy to understand especially since at Chelsea i had a Dutch teammate, Nouwen.

"Yeah, but i'm a little nervous. The standards here are very very high"

"What about at Chelsea, were the standards high?"
Jana asked in her Spanish accent, which i can also understand easily. Jana is one of the most fluent English speakers on the team despite being one of the youngest.

"Well they were but not like this. This is a whole new level"

"In what ways?"
Both girls asked.

"Every way really. The margin for error is very slim. I mean the team here on a whole doesn't make mistakes. Yeah, the WSL is arguably a much stronger and more competitive league but that just means Barca are inane, like out of this world insane because we are able to play in the league then destroy some of the strongest sides in the WSL as if it's nothing"

"Do you want to go back to the WSL in the future?"
Jana asked.

"No, not really. I mean, i wouldn't be against going back but it's not something at the forefront of my mind, i'm in no hurry to go back. I don't have anything to go back for or anything to go back and do. If i like it here, which i do, i don't really see why i would want to leave"
This brought a smile to both girls faces.

"What about your friends in England? Don't you miss them?"

"Well, yeah, i guess. I feel like those friendships were never as strong as the ones i have made over here in the short time i have been here. I know a lot of good people, especially at Chelsea, but i find it a lot easier to talk to you guys than i do with them. I really do love them and i always will but right now i don't see myself going back"

"Didn't you get a lot of offers?"
Asked Lieke.

"Yeah, but i wasn't out of contract at Chelsea, that's why Barca had to pay a large amount, a record amount i think, to get me. Lyon and Wolfsburg wanted me, so did a few teams in the US but it was an easy decision in the end"

"Easy?"
Jana said as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah it was easy, i mean Barca are quite easily the best team in the world and i want to be apart of that. I want to win the champions league and this is the club i can do that at."

"Didn't it scare you that you were going to a different country, one that doesn't speak English?"
Lieke asked and i smiled.

"Definitely but i just had to hope some of you could speak English, and i would say i got pretty lucky. I already knew you and Caro spoke English"

Our conversation about my transfer ended as Mariona put the ball in the back of the net after an amazing ball from Aitana. Then four minutes later she scored again, this time it was Patri who got the assist.