Nineteen

Today is the big day.
Champions League quarter final vs Real Madrid.
📍Camp Nou.
⏰20:00

The team arrived and i walked in with Mapi, but i barely spoke a word because in that moment i knew i made it. As i stepped into the stadium, i couldn't stop looking around. This to me is a dream come true.

We all went into the locker room and the lockers had our names on them, not the mens team names, our names. My locker is in between Alexia and Patri's.

Everyone got ready for the warmup. I put my shorts on and my warmup top, i also put my jumper on and my boots. As soon as everyone was ready we jogged out onto the pitch. As soon as i stepped out, i stopped and just looked around. I must have been standing for a good few minutes because Patri came over and put her arm around me, leading me over to where the starting XI were.

"It's awesome, isn't it?"
Patri asked as we were walking.

"It's spectacular"

"It's just missing one thing"

"What's that?"
I asked.

"A goal from you"
I smiled as i put my arm around Patri.

"I'll try"

"You're going to get a goal"
Patri said as she ruffled my hair before letting go of me.

For just over half an hour, we were warming up. The starting XI, which includes me, done stretches, passing, shooting and a rondo at the end.

Once the warmups were done we jogged back inside and got ready for the game. Before i put my socks on, i went to the physios who taped up my hamstring, securing it. After that was done i put my socks, shin guards and boots on.

Before we lined up both Alexia and Jontatan gave us speeches, deep and meaningful speeches. If we weren't ready before we certainly are now.

I lined up behind Mapi who turned around to me as we waited in the tunnel for the Madrid players to line up.

"I believe in you"
She said as she took one of my hands in hers and kissed it before letting go.

"I believe in you too, amor"
Mapi smiled at me before turning around.

Eventually the Madrid players were out and now it's go time.

*****
The game is twenty-five-minutes in and it's 0-0. I think, for the first five or so minutes at least, it was fairly obvious i'm not quite match ready, but as the game has wore on, i've got better and sharper and right now i feel better than ever.

In the twenty-seventh minute Lieke cut inside from the left and was brought down outside of the box. The ref awarded the free kick, about twenty, twenty-five yards out.

As soon as her whistle went, Alexia and Caro went over to the spot, i didn't though, i stood to the side. I was looking around when both girls yelled me over, so i quickly jogged over to where the girls were standing.

"We want you to take it"
Alexia said and i just looked at her as if she was stupid.

"I'm just back. What if i mess up? What if i miss?"

"Then you miss"
Caro said.

"Emi, the game is in the twenty sixth minute, if you miss you miss. Please, just take it"
I looked at both girls and nodded. Caro jogged away but Alexia didn't, she whispered something into my ear.

"I'm proud of you. I'll always be proud of you"
She whispered before jogging away.

I leaned down and picked the ball up, placing it exactly where i wanted. I then stood up and took a few steps back and one to the left, i then waited for the ref to blow her whistle.