eight

Today is the day..

I woke up bright and early, packed my stuff back up and left Barcelona. I got on a flight and landed in Madrid at 11am. I was picked up and taken to the training grounds and hotel.

I got out of the car, thanking the driver before i walked into the building where i was immediately greeted by Jorge.

"Welcome Emily!"
He said as he hugged me.

"Gracias for this opportunity"
He smiled.

"The girls love to speak their Spanish so maybe you will learn some here"

"Hopefully. Mapi has been trying to teach me but it's not been going very well"

"I'm sure you will get the hang of it soon enough"

"Hopefully"

"Now everyone has roommates but i'm going to put you in with Mapi and Ona which means you will probably need to share with one of them. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine. That's you, boss"

"Call me Jorge"

"Thank you, Jorge"

"Your training gear is in your room. Team bonding will take place in a couple of hours and training will be later on. If you have your boots i'll give them to the kit man"
I gave Jorge my boots.

"See you soon"

"Bye"
I waved before heading up to my room.

I was walking around for ages as Jorge didn't actually tell me the room number but i ended up walking into someone and that someone ended up jumping on me, that someone was none other than la reina.

"EMILYYYY"
She said as she literally threw herself into my arms.

"I missed you too, Ale"

"My Spanish Chica"

"Let's get the language nailed down first"

"I think it might take a while"
I laughed.

"You're probably right, i'm not the quickest learner"

"What were you doing walking around?"

"Uh i'm looking for Mapi and Ona's room"

"I'll take you. They're next door to me and Jenni"
I jokingly rolled my eyes.

"Great"
Alexia responded by grabbing me and throwing me over her shoulder.

"Let me down!!"
I yelled as Alexia walked around the hotel with me frantically kicking my legs in an attempt to get out of her arms, but she wouldn't budge.

Eventually i gave up but thankfully we were outside Ona and Mapi's hotel room. Alexia didn't even knock, she just put her key up to the door and walked in, throwing me down on the bed that Mapi was sat on.

"One English girl"
She said as i hit the bed.

"Thank you, Ale"

"Ever need a lift you know who to call"

"Yeah, let's not"
She flipped me off before leaving the room.

I sat up but was pulled down by Ona who jumped at me. Gosh what is it with Spanish girls and jumping at me.

"Hey"

"EMILYYYY"

"Ona, my favourite-"

"Your favourite what?"
Mapi said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"My favourite WSL player"

"I missed you"
Ona said.

"I missed you but i don't miss playing against you"