Nine

Today we take on the Faroe Islands in the WWC qualifiers. If i play this will be my first competitive game on the international stage.

On our way to the stadium i decided to sit beside Mapi. Once we arrived everyone put their training stuff on, and that's when it all hit me. I'm going to make it on the national stage. This could be my moment.

As i was thinking Alexia came over, and when i looked at her i noticed no one else was in the locker room.

"Hey, are you okay?"
She asked as she swung an arm around me.

"I- yeah, sorry. I was just thinking"

"What were you thinking about?"
Alexia asked as we both began to exit the locker room.

"That this is my chance to make it on the international stage"

"You've been through a lot of shit to get here and in my eyes, if anyone deserves this, it's you. I know that you will take this opportunity with both hands and i know that you will become a star for us. I know all about your quality, not everyone in the team does and not all of the fans do, but i do, believe me, i know how good you really are"

"I'm going to make you proud"
I said as a smile appeared on my face.

"You've already made me proud, little sis"

"I love you, Ale"

"I know and i love you too, Emily"
I smiled and nodded.

"Let's do this"

"Let's do this"
I whispered back before jogging onto the pitch for our warmups.

******
Right now i'm sat on the bench beside Leila and Sandra Paños.

"¿Estás listo?"
Leila said as soon as the ref blew her whistle and i just rolled my eyes at her making her laugh.

"Stopppp"

"I said are you ready?"

"Yes i'm ready. You know, you easily could have said that in English"

"That's no fun. I enjoy annoying you"

"Why?"

"Because you're the baby and you're so cute, so it's really funny"

"Are you annoying her, Leila?"
Sandra asked as she put an arm around me, pulling me closer to her.

"No, not at all"

"Perks of being 'the baby', everyone sticks up for me"
I said as i looked at Leila with a smirk.

By half time, it was already 5-0 to us.
Esther González 2', 41'
Aitana Bonmatí 17', 25'
Jennifer Hermoso 39'

no changes were made at half time, and by the 60th minute it was 9-0.
Esther González 2', 41', 51'
Aitana Bonmatí 17', 25', 50'
Jennifer Hermoso 39', 52', 57'

In the 60th minute, i was warming up when Jorge called me back and told me to get ready. I quickly removed my jumper and slipped my shin guards on, i was then told some basic instructions and was subbed on for Esther.

Debut time

For the first ten minutes i was just finding my feet and settling into the game, but after those ten minutes, i was playing freely.

Fourteen minutes after i came on, i was got my first chance of the game.

I stole possession from one of the oppositions players high up the park. I was so high up that no one was up with me, they were beginning to sprint up but i decided to go alone.