3- Fever

Stella's P.O.V.

It was Tuesday afternoon. I kept Claire home the last few days from school because she was still acting tired. She still had no other symptoms but I didn't want to push her in case she was coming down with the flu or something.

I called her pediatrician but they didn't really think too much of it either. I was just supposed to watch her and make sure she was still drinking plenty of fluids.

We were snuggled up in a blanket on the couch together as Claire sat there, belting out the lyrics as we watched Frozen.

🎶"Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway."🎶

I was suddenly reminded why my brothers never watched Disney movies with me as I smiled over at her as she continued.

I was having my parents, Tyson and his wife; Eve and Luke over for the Superbowl this coming Sunday. Unfortunately the New York Giants didn't make it this year so I could care less about the game but it was something we did every year together and I thought I could put Claire to bed at a decent time this way.

There was a knock on my door.

I kissed Claire's head, "I'm going to go see who that is. I'll be right back."

I walked over and looked out the peephole and busted out laughing when I saw Luke, crosseyed and sticking his tongue out at the door.

I opened the door, "You're a dork."

He laughed and came inside. "I brought dinner."

"Yay. I was feeling really lazy so I was just debating what kind of cereal we were going to have for dinner tonight. Is that Panera?"

"Yep, one of your favorites. I got Claire a grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. I couldn't remember what sandwich you liked so I guessed and also got you a bowl of cheddar broccoli soup."

"Oh my God, I love you so much."

"How's Claire doing?" He asked as we walked into the living room together.

"She's good? She's been taking naps and still goes to bed at her normal time. I can tell she's tired but the doctor doesn't seem to be worried about it right now."

"Hey, Princess. How are you?"

She stood up excitedly and gave him a big hug. "Hi Uncle Luke. I'm good, Mommy is watching Frozen with me."

"You just missed her singing."

"Darn." He joked.

He started taking the food out of the bags and placing it on the coffee table.

"Come eat sweetie."

Claire uncovered and knelt down in front of the coffee table.

I turned towards Luke, "Would you like a beer, water or milk?"

"Beer please."

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a beer and poured Claire and I a glass of milk and went back into the living room.

"I haven't had Panera in forever. My stomach is growling."

"I was going to stop off at that new Mexican restaurant. I wasn't sure if that was too good for Claire's stomach though."

"This is perfect. Thank you for bringing us this."

After supper, I cleaned up and sat down next to Luke as Claire played on the floor with her dolls.