23- Which side of the bed?

Stella's P.O.V.

Cole and I finally convinced his parents to stay and have dinner with us. We all sat down, ate and enjoyed each other's company.

Wayne and Lydia were great and Claire warmed up to them quickly. They reminded me a lot of my parents and I knew if they ever met one another, they would all get along great.

Cole closed the door after his parents left. I turned, staring at Claire sleeping on the couch.

Cole came up behind me, wrapped his arms around my front and kissed the side of my cheek. "Thank you for tonight, I know this wasn't exactly the night we were expecting. My parents really like you."

I leaned into him, "It was fine. I had a good time, I'm glad I could meet your mom too. They're both wonderful and I can see why you are as great as you are."

We walked over to Claire, breathing heavily on the couch.

"Why don't you spend the night? It's late, you had a few beers and she's exhausted."

"We don't have any pajamas."

"You can borrow one of my shirts, unfortunately I don't have anything for Claire though."

"Claire." I whispered as I rubbed her shoulder gently, making her groan.

Cole chuckled, "You want to put her in the spare room?"

"Yeah, probably. Are you sure this is okay with us staying here?"

Cole's smile widened. "I would love it if you stayed. Nothing needs to happen between us, Stella. You can sleep with Claire or you can have my bed and I'll sleep on the couch."

I thought about it for a moment. It was late and it would just be easier if we stayed. I grabbed my keys, "I have a bag in my car, I'm pretty sure I have a few extra outfits in my trunk for Claire from when we stayed at the hospital. I'll be right back."

"I'll go get the bag. Take her to the bedroom, I'll be right back." He leaned down and kissed me quickly.

He seemed extra happy right now as he walked out the door, which made me smile.

I picked Claire up and went into the bathroom with her. "Why don't you try going potty, we're going to stay at Cole's tonight."

After she went to the bathroom, she got undressed. Cole brought in her bag and I helped her put her pajamas on before tucking her into bed.

After I shut the door, leaving it open a crack, Cole grabbed my hand and led me into the bedroom. "Here's one of my shirts. Would you like a pair of my shorts?"

"No, this is okay. Thank you."

"I'll go turn everything off, I'll be back in a minute."

After he walked out, I got undressed and put his shirt on.

Oh God, it smells like him.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. "I'm ready. You can come in."

Cole walked in. His eyes roaming my body slowly as he came up to me. "Do you need anything else?"

"Cole, you can sleep in here with me. Or don't you want to snuggle with your girlfriend?"

His arms wrapped around me again, "Oh no, I definitely do. I just didn't want you to think I was pushing you into anything."

I grabbed a hold of the front of his shirt, "I know that you wouldn't, you have been more than patient with me. I'm all in this with you Cole and everything a relationship involves when that time does come. Just so you know."