8- Asking for help

Stella's P.O.V.

Another week has passed with no word on a kidney match for Claire.

She was doing okay but she was sleeping a lot. I was currently snuggled up in my bed with her, crying as she slept.

I got a hold of Roman the other day. I was meeting him for dinner tonight. I absolutely hated that I had to go to him for help but I swallowed my pride for Claire because I would do anything I could to help her out.

"Knock, knock." Mom and Dad whispered as they walked into the apartment.

I wiped my tears as I stood up and walked out into the living room, engulfing both of them in a hug. "Hi. Thank you for coming."

"Do you want one of us to go with you?" Dad asked.

"No," I said, backing away. "Luke offered too but if anyone comes, it's not going to sit well with Roman and I don't need him upset."

"If you need us, call and I'll be there. Or even better, Luke. Roman's scared of Luke."

I started laughing, "He is. I'll be alright though. I better go get ready."

I headed into the bathroom. I showered earlier so I just had to finish getting ready. I got undressed and slipped into a dress. If it was up to me I would have gone in sweatpants and a sweatshirt but Roman picked a classy place and I wasn't going to argue, I was saving my strength for that later because I knew I was going to need it.

I fixed my hair and put on a little makeup and walked back out.

"Claire, you're up?"

"You look beautiful, mommy." She said in a groggy voice.

I leaned down, peppering her face with kisses. "Not as beautiful as you, sweet girl. Grandma and Grandpa are going to stay with you for a while. I need to go do something and then I'll be back later."

"Okay." She whispered.

I turned to Mom, "How do I look? I picked out the least sexy but classiest dress I could find in my closet. Too much?"

"No, it's perfect."

"Okay. I'll be back." I gave Claire one more kiss and hugged Mom and Dad before heading out.

The drive there was nerve wracking. I've seen Roman three times since he walked out on me. The last time was a few years ago when he tried getting back together with me and of course Claire wasn't a part of it. He showed up at campus after my last class of the day. He had been drinking and demanded to talk to me and caused a scene. I wouldn't have gotten back together with him even if he completely changed his mind about her and begged for forgiveness. That ship sailed the moment he demanded I get an abortion.

I pulled up to the restaurant, ready to throw up. I got out, took a few deep breaths and walked inside.

Cole's P.O.V.

I was sitting in the restaurant with Nic, his wife; Ally, Jordan and his wife; Sadie. I was definitely the odd man out since a few other guys from the team canceled, so I was stuck with the couples tonight.

The food finally arrived, thank God because I was starving. Today at the shop we were busy so I didn't get lunch and when I got around to eating, it was too late for a meal since we were going out for dinner tonight.

"Holy shit. Cole, look who it is." Nic hit my arm as I took a bit of my steak. He smiled and nodded to something behind me.

I followed his line of sight which brought me to the cute blonde that's been on my mind since last weekend.