19- The date

Stella's P.O.V.

After our day at the zoo. We put Claire down to bed and talked more about the Wes thing. We both knew how we felt about each other and he told me he wanted to give this thing between us a shot.

I did too but I still wanted to take things slow and he understood that. We both agreed not to see anyone else while we; mostly me, figured this all out.

It's been a month since our zoo day. My feelings for Cole have grown even more and Claire has become extremely attached to him as well, which made me want this man even more and step out of the snail pace we were currently in.

"So I was thinking." He said as I took the pan of brownies out of the oven. "This next Friday night, I want to take you out on a date."

It's like he read my mind.

"Really?" I asked. "Just you and me?" Gosh I probably sounded stupid but I was really excited.

"Is that alright? I love Claire but I'd really like some time alone with you."

"Yes, I'd like that too. I was actually going to see if you wanted to do something together also."

"Really?"

I walked over to him. He grabbed a hold of my hands and pulled me in close, wrapping his arms around my waist as my hands snaked around his neck. "Really. I'm ready for everything a real relationship involves."

God bless this man's heart for being so patient with me and my crazy taking it slow rule. We haven't even kissed yet, a little peck on the cheeks here and there but not a true kiss. I was ready.

He clenched his jaw as he tried to hold back his smirk.

"Thank you for being so patient with me, Cole."

"You're totally worth it." He said as he brought his hand up, running his thumb across my lower lip while his fingers gently rested under my chin as he pulled me in. I closed my eyes as our lips brushed against each other-.

"Mommy? I can't find my Elsa doll." Claire said, coming out of her bedroom.

I let out a shaky breath as I slowly backed away. "Check the couch, sweetie."

Claire ran into the living room. "Thank you."

Cole stood up and grabbed a hold of my hands again, "I'm going to get going. I have some major planning to do to make this first date with you, the best."

"You don't have to go all out."

"Yes, I do." He leaned down, kissing the side of my cheek. He lingered for a moment as I leaned into it.

I didn't want him to go.

He kissed my cheek again and backed away with a smile. "I'll facetime you later tonight."

****

Friday

"I feel like I'm going to pass out, you guys. What about this one?" I asked as I spun around in my black dress. I was facetiming with Kelly and Jen, trying to find the perfect dress for tonight.

"I love that one." They both said.

"You said that about the last dress too. You're not helping me."

"They were both beautiful and perfect for tonight. Honey, you need to relax." Jen said.

I sat down in front of my phone and looked at them. "Do you realize this is my first date in six years... SIX! That's a long time and not to mention I haven't dated anyone since becoming an adult... this is huge. I really like Cole. What if I mess all this up?"