6- Cole

Cole's P.O.V.

"It's good to have you home, Son." My Dad said as he patted me on the back. "Now get your ass to work in the morning."

I started laughing as I followed my parents to the door. My dad has owned an auto body shop just outside of New York City, ever since I was a little boy. I would go there with him all the time growing up and spend the summers helping out. Going to the NFL didn't stop me either. In the off seasons, I'd come back home and help him in the summers until I had to be back in Las Vegas for training camp.

Now that I was home, that wasn't going to change.

"Your dad." Mom said, shaking her head. "It's definitely good to have you home though, honey. It will be easier for us to be at your games and we can go to more of them now."

"I'll like that. It's good to be home again, I missed New York."

Mom smiled as she placed her hand on my arm. "If you need anything... call. Alright?"

I leaned down and kissed her cheek. "I will. Thank you for helping me unpack and for bringing lunch."

"You're welcome. We'll see you later."

I shut the door after they left and turned around to see my new apartment. I still had a few things to unpack but it was coming along.

A few hours later I took the moving boxes downstairs to the dumpsters and was heading back to my apartment when my phone started ringing.

I smiled. "Nic, what's up man?"

"Hey, I'm actually heading to your place. I'll be there shortly."

"Okay, Just come on up."

Nic Carter was a really good buddy of mine. He was born and raised in New York just like me but we went to different high schools. I didn't meet him until we went to the same college, where we played football together.

After college Nic was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals and I went to the Las Vegas Raiders where I played until this past season. Nic and I have stayed in contact throughout the years so when I got traded to New York, I was thrilled.

Being back home was something that I wanted more than anything. I grew up loving the Giants and now, I was going to be one of them. Plus Nic was a really good quarterback and I was glad I had the chance to play with him again.

There was a knock. I put my beer down and walked over and opened the door.

"Hey sweetheart." Nic pulled me into a hug and hit my back. "You remember, Jordan Long?"

I nodded and shook his hand. "Good to see you again, Jordan."

"Likewise. I hope your move went better than mine did?"

I went in the fridge and grabbed out two more beers, handing them to the guys."

"I didn't have any problems. I hired movers so it wasn't bad at all." I admitted.

"I wanted to but my wife likes to save money." He rolled his eyes, making me chuckle. "This place is nice, man. You have a lady to share it with?" Jordan asked.

"No. Still waiting for that special someone I guess. I didn't get lucky like you guys did."

"You will. Look at this place though. You got all this done since I left this morning?" Nic questioned.

"I had help. Mom just left."

"Ahh Momma Owens." Nic said. "I miss that woman. Anyway we came over because we wanted to see if you needed any more help and also invite you out this weekend."