(9)

"the man"

-

For Gwi nam and Cheong san, walking around wasnt a problem but they still enjoyed killing the few zombies they came across, even if it wasn't bothering them.

In all fairness, their urge to just slaughter every zombie they came across was helpful to society. Killing off the population of just zombies would do good even though there wasn't enough to cause another breakout and there wasn't people to bite in Hyosan. Everyone evacuated and those who didn't make it, were dead most likely from the explosion.

Cheong san was gasping for air he was so drained.

Gwi nam held his hand out, "we aren't far now, get a grip" Cheong san smiled at his gesture to hold his hand and happily accepted.

They walked the rest of the days and nights holding hands for support until they couldn't lean on each other anymore.

By the time they had made it far enough to stop and rest, a man had found them.

"hey, are you boys okay?" He walked towards them, noticing they were exhausted, he took them in and let them rest at his apartment. They seemed badly hurt, noticing scars all over the pair.

The bite marks had scarred, they were noticeable if you really looked at them but why would anyone intensely stare at Cheong san's neck and Gwi nam's was already hidden on his stomach anyway so only Cheong san would see it.

When Gwi nam woke up, scared and confused unable to recall where he was, he shook Cheong san awake.

"Where are we?" Cheong san grumbled, this was the best sleep he had in a long time, "Cheong san" he repeatedly shook him.

"I'm up, I'm up" he slowly rubbed his eyes and turned over to a tall panicked boy, he found it amusing, "we're safe" Cheong san assured him.

The man who had helped them knocked on the door. Gwi nam got off the bed and hid, he had never been seen with Cheong san in a bed ever, or even been in a bed with Cheong san.

"where is the tall one?" the man politely asked, he had brought food for them. Cheong san rolled his eyes, laughing slightly.

"there" he looked over to Gwi nam's direction, he was poorly hid behind a old, dark brown cabinet.

"is he okay?" The man was confused so he just left the room after Cheong san nodded and put the bowl of food on the floor.

"eat" Cheong san urged.

"fuck you, who is he?" Gwi nam ran to Cheong san and pinned him down on the bed. Cheong san shrugged.

"I don't know, but whoever he is, he's helping us" Gwi nam reluctantly let go of Cheong san and sat beside him.

-

After they had eaten, they walked out the room. Gwi nam apologised for the way he acted and bowed his head to the man for his kindness.

"come, sit" the old man urged as he gestured they pulled up the two rickety chairs which were stowed away behind some draws.

When they sat, it was time for their interrogation.

"Where did you boys come from? You must have travelled a long way from the state I found you in" Cheong san smiled.

"we came from Hyo-" Gwi nam kicked his foot, causing Cheong san to jerk in pain. "foot cramps" Cheong san played it off. Seeing the man grow concerned.

"we travelled away from home, home life was hard for us so we left, it's been so long away from home I'm not sure where I use to live" Gwi nam smiled, the man slowly nodded.

"so you are brothers?" Gwi nam gave Cheong san a look, with wide eyes.

"oh no, god no," Cheong san shook his hands.

"uh best friends?" the man asked, Gwi nam was holding back laughs at how innocently the man was being, not knowing the situation.

"..yeah, you could say that, we're very close" Cheong san joked, Gwi nam gave Cheong san a look to shut the fuck up.

"very close" he quietly repeated.

"oh great well uh, do you boys do school?" The man ate a portion of his rice.

"use to, we need our education though" Gwi nam nodded.

"there is a school near here, I have enough money to send you boys" They both beamed, this was the normal life they had dreamed. It was so close to reach.

"thank you sir, what's your name?" Cheong san politely thanked the man, but using his name would make Cheong san feel sincere. If he could get more sincere that is.

"my name is Lee Min-soo but you may call me uncle lee, so I can sign things off for you at school" He smiled, he felt like a safe person to be around, his energy warmed the boys. Cheong san picked up a vibe that uncle lee wanted this to be some sort of a family. Kind of awkward considering the situation uncle lee was unaware of.

"thank you mister uncle Lee" they both bowed their heads, thanking him graciously.

"cut the mister" uncle lee smiled, Cheong san and Gwi nam nodded.

-

For the next few days, uncle lee had taken the boys out to shop for uniform and sort out their transfer to the school, uncle lee explained the situation and he was known as their legal guardian.

A few weeks later, they were accepted into the school and uncle lee was as happy as they were...

-

Leaving it there again, sorry about not updating at all yesterday! I was working on my one shots book :)

-