7.1. Trauma: Accident

It was a long break after a long time! Their comeback weeks were over and the agency had finally decided to give the boys a 2 month hiatus to regain all the energy. Each member chose a different place to relax. Some went to their respective hometowns while others decided to travel beautiful cities with their families and friends.

 And for the first time in 5 years since their debut, they agreed on not calling or texting each other during this period if not necessary. They apparently had grown too bored of being together all day everyday and this time, they wanted to relax a bit, no work, no time spent at the studios, no recording, just family time.

******

Their holidays were coming to an end. The members planning to once again leave the warmth of their homes. There was a week left still. Namjoon was in Illsan, with his parents and his younger sister. He cherished the beautiful memories he got to make with them during this time.

Right now, they were heading home after enjoying an entire day at the amusement park. It was crazy how Namjoon had felt like a small kid again!!

'Appa, can we stop here please? I want to have some ice-cream!' he asked his father who was driving the car.

'Sure! But I don't want PD-nim scolding me later. You sure it wouldn't affect your throat?'

'Appa! It's one ice-cream. Of course it wouldn't. Now tell me what would you guys have?'

'Strawberry!'

'One pistachio, me and your eomma will share'

'Okay and I'll have a chocolate chip! Be right back.'

Namjoon hopped out of the car and crossed the road to the ice-cream parlor. He used to come here often as a small kid.

He got his ice-creams and paid when suddenly there was a loud crashing sound followed by huge chaos. Namjoon frowned. He walked out of the shop to see several people crowding the streets and shouting to help 'the injured' people.

A small panic unknowingly started in his guts. Why were they standing just around the spot their car was parked? He pushed through the people and went forward.

His feet froze on their own. His mind went blank. The 4 cones he was holding immediately slipped and scattered on the ground. 

NO! THIS COULDN'T BE HAPPENING RIGHT?!!!

There was a blue jeep smashed against the sidewalk. There was another car, their car, now tumbled upside down! The windows of the car had broken and pieces of glass covered the ground in front of Namjoon's feet.

He could hear faint voices around him.

'SOMEONE CALL THE AMBULANCE! THEY'LL DIE!'

No no no no no, they can't die. THEY CAN'T DIE. 

Namjoon got back his senses and rushed forward. Some strangers around helped him get his parents and sister out of the car and call the ambulance. He was wearing his mask so nobody recognized him.

'Appa! Eomma! Come on, open your eyes!  Yah! Kim Mina-yah!! WAKE UP!!' he sobbed, sitting beside their lifeless bodies. His shirt and hands were already covered in their blood.