9. A Little Too Much?

Chaos. It was utter chaos in the HYBE building.

Sejin was mad. Bang PD was mad. Like never before. 

The news and pictures blew up on the Internet, attracting millions of netizens.* But all it had was pure shit. That's all.

They weren't mad at him, of course. But they were infuriated at how the media was so hungry for news that they could just make up any story, anything about anyone. And somehow it was often targeted at Namjoon, probably because he was the leader.

Right now, they were in the conference room. Bang PD, Sejin, Namjoon, Seokjin and a few other board members.

'Well I don't understand why Namjoon's always the one to cause troubles!' 

'He didn't cause any trouble, Mr. Choi. He simply talked to a girl at the galler-'

'Who happened to be YG's co-producer?' Another one snapped

'Mr. Lee, please, calm down, you know it wasn't his fault that they clicked photographs without permission and put it on their page! He didn't even know who she was!' Bang PD really tried to keep his cool but it was getting tougher, sitting with these fools.

Apparently, Namjoon's photo with YG's co-producer, Park Yuna went viral after it was uploaded from a news channel along with the claim that Namjoon was selling their next album's information to YG.

The leader, however, sat quietly. He was frustrated and just disappointed with himself. He knew very well that such matters weren't trivial in their world and could shake the people's lives who were involved in them. Then how could he be careless enough to let this happen? But should he have ignored the girl when she just asked where the restroom was? How could they even spot and click the photos in those few minutes?!

'Sejin, release a statement saying that the rumour is just a rumour and nothing more. And that Namjoon isn't involved with anything or anyone,' the producer stated.

Jin sighed, seeing all of this. Someone had to accompany Namjoon to this meeting since they all knew how hard things could get. And being the eldest, he was easily chosen to be the one and he obviously didn't refuse. He wanted to help their leader. Jin put his hand on Namjoon's arm and squeezed a little with a comforting smile. Namjoon just slightly nodded, he couldn't bring himself to return the smile.

The meeting dismissed. Everyone left the room, except Namjoon and his hyung. 

'Joon-ah, let's go. You can rest at the dorm.'

'Andwae (no) hyung. It's okay, I want to be at the studio for a while.'

Jin clearly saw there was no point in arguing so he just ushered Namjoon out of the conference room.  They passed the staff members along the corridors. Most of them gave sympathetic smiles, but there were few who looked at him with disgust? Jin didn't notice or at least didn't bother to give any attention to them.

But Namjoon did.

******

It hurt. It hurt so much. Why did this always to him? Because of him? Because of his stupid little mistake, the entire group was suffering, the company was suffering. All because of him, right? 

He sat on the couch in his studio, hugging a pillow and crying silently. He never wanted to be the cause of any of the troubles that the others faced. He felt so guilty. But why? He didn't know. Surely, telling someone the directions to a freaking restroom wasn't a crime right? Then why was all this happening?