Chapter Six

Oriane's Pov
"Guys really really, I know it's suppose to be a night out, and I know I promised but. My body is beyond sore." I waved my hand off with a soft chuckle, trying my best to move around the chatting four, they were beyond excited. It was the usual night were we would go out to eat, drink and bath in a night of relaxation after all the missions piled up, it was suppose to be a nice night that usually resulted in all us wives playfully bantering and Tengen getting drunk off his sake.

"What! But Oriane! We always go out! Why are you staying back home?" I held back a wince at Suma's loud tone, holding back a quiet laugh when Makio growled loudly almost smacking her in the face with a glare present on her face.

"She just said her body was sore idiot! She should stay back to get rest she's been training months on end." Hina sighed shaking her head a few times leaving me to press myself onto the nearby wall of the entrance of the manor.

"Are you sure my love? We could also stay behind with you." I was quite quick to shake my head at Tengen's offer.

"No no, I mean it guys please enjoy the night for me, so I can rest my sore muscles." He laughed gently at me brushing his fingers across my cheeks kissing my temple.

"Flashy huh? Look at my wife becoming sore and not from me treasuring that body of hers."

"Shush!" I exclaimed with a loud whine that was as well a new found development of enjoying late night activities, over the bantering between the other three girls, a sudden loud squawk had everyone growing silent watching Tengen's crow came soaring in, with a letter attached to his feet. You could see the shift of annoyance on the white haired male's face as he sighed grabbing the letter.

"Just great, when I thought it was a night of relaxation." We all watched him unravel the letter, his eyes scanning it left and right like he was holding his breath. "The town not to far from here. would like one of us to help with the recent flood of demons and humans attacking their village?"

Suma squeaked looking between everyone as she jumped up and down. "Sounds exciting and scary. Are you gonna do it Lord Tengen?" He scowled more, exhaling for a moment, flicking the strands from away from his eyes.

"I would but.. I need you three to get a head start on another mission me included, I don't wanna leave them in vain." I started nibbling more harshly on my lip.

"What another mission." Suma huffed out, Hina giggled quietly under her breath. I then spoke over all their loud voices overlapping, Tengen trying to exclaim at Makio and Suma pushing them away from one another quickly, clearing my throat.

"I'll do it." All four of them grew deathly silent all at once, Tengen whipping his head around to stare at me wide eyed.

"I.. Oriane no not you, you still are training, if it was just human activity yes. But there's demons there so no." I gave Tengen a soft stare, walking off to grab a piece of paper and some ink, scribbling out the quickest letter that I could, tying it with a loose ribbon.

"I wasn't asking for permission Tengen. I wanna help if you four are preparing a new mission then let me do this." I lightly whistled signalling the crow, watching him land on my shoulder.  I tied the letter around his foot, before patting his head watching him fly off. Tengen looked super uneasy, looking between the other girls as well.

"Oriane... Are you sure? It could be really dangerous. I think you still need more training." Makio looked stern folding her arms across her chest even more.

"Yes I am sure Makio, if it was either of you. Tengen would agree none the less. Let me do this and further my training." I finally had snapped out from all the smothering, Tengen roughly pinched at the bridge of his nose, in that moment that was the first time I had heard him snap out so fast like.

"Because you are thinking irrationally Oriane! You've only been training for three months none the less enough for you to fight off humans and demons combined! do you even know where to cut off at a base point of a demon's head?! You aren't ready." It grew silent once again, I dropped my head down for a moment to face the floor pushing myself up and off the wall.

"I need to at least try Tengen, or else how am I gonna survive life and death? I won't learn if I keep being babied in this household by all of you. My wishes are final. And I'll leave at dawn tomorrow." With my final word I spun around heading out to spend some time in the garden to clear my thoughts for a little while.

"Oriane please wait." Hina called out to me softly, I passed by a few of the working maids through out the manor, they all either flashed me apologetic smiles, opening the sliding screen door, I stepped out into the cool dark setting the lanterns casting a everglow across the pond and stone path.

I was frustrated, and growing irritable, I kicked a rock slightly walking across the stone path simply shutting my eyes. Maybe it was irrational thinking. Or a rushing mind of last minute thoughts.