Chapter Seventeen

Oriane's Pov
Tanjiro's words seemed to bounce around effortlessly in my mind. I was hoping it was gonna be as simple as one, two and three but it never was that simple.

The three teens had been visiting for three days now before they needed to get back to their usual slayer tasks. In this particular night it was a full bright moon hovering over the edge of the estate, through out the day a lot of food had been made. The girls had gone back to training people on the grounds, whine Tengen hosts his own little lessons here inside the estate.

I flicked my head to look out the large window watching my nails grow, and felt the familiar shift of my eyes as well, always the most painful process, lifting myself up off the floor. I started my usual round of pacing, back and forth it went, I could hear the giggling coming from the master bedroom with Lord Tengen. The single thought of confrontation made me wanna leave once again, running away was always such a simple and quick answer.

I faced my body to stand right in front of the large window tapping my nails across the window, I just had been in thought for a really long time before I was whipping around my eyes glowing in shock.

The only few times I leave the door unlocked at the worst possible times.

"Oriane my love! Why don't you come in the master bedroom we miss your cuddles." I tried my best to shield my face away from Suma but I was pretty sure it was too late.

"S-suma? You need to get out now." I was firm with my tone, hearing a small little gasp leaving her hearing small sniffles leaving her suddenly.

"Oriane.. What's wrong is this the reason why you hide... You are a demon did you think we weren't gonna love you anymore." She whimpered out, I wasn't sure if there was more hurt in her tone, but I was freaking out more, my heart racing miles away.

"Suma you need to get away from me!" I shouted loudly hearing her squeak and slam back into the wall, I felt my own orange eyes blur with tears, covering the side of my face some more hearing rapid footsteps running near the room. I couldn't even run through the door frame when more bodies were entering.

"Suma you idiot why are you crying again! You shouldn't have been bugging her."

"Oh no.." I could see their movements through my rapid eye movement.

"Oriane sweetie?" Hina's voice was always so sweet, too sweet even in the worse time. I scratched slightly at my cheek for a moment hissing with annoyance speaking gently towards the three of them, refusing to look Tengen in his eyes that were clearly wide.

"You guys need to stay away from me.. I'm sorry I tried to hide it, I usually have the door locked for a reason. I've been getting careless and bold, I never wanted you guys to see me like this." A soft little whimper was met, the warm tears hitting the open wound of my cheek. I could feel it sting as it slowly started to heal on its own.

"Oriane I'm gonna come near you okay?" Once again my head was looking at Tengen's movements in confusion, yet I didn't move a muscle watching him use his hand to cup at my cheek suddenly his eyes still wide in size.

"This is the reason you told me you hated yourself isn't it love? Because you became a demon? And you've been hiding it this long? I can't lie and say that's impressive." I held back a small chuckle trying to look away leaning away from his touch.

  "I'm not a full demon, I'm a half demon that's why Kouri kept me for so long. He said it's rare for a demon to be half during the day I'm human, at night I turn into a demon." Makio had let a soft gasp out in shock her own gaze shifting to me even more.

"It's like you are a princess of the night." Hina stated out with a giggle.

"You look even more like a pretty orange your hair is glowing orange! And so are your eyes they are in the shape of an orange." Suma's sniffles and cries had faded to soft giggles, Tengen hand wiping under my eyes a couple times a grin growing across his face.

"I have to admit, you are even more beautiful, look at you Oriane? You even restrain from eating humans don't you?" I once again gave him a confused head nod, watching his thumb swipe all over my cheek and jawline in place.

"Are you not gonna kill me?" I asked in confusion seeing he was still studying me, it was now his turn to stare at me like I was crazy.

"Oriane you still are my wife at the end of the day. Human, demon, or even half demon. I still fell in love with you and I always will. I just hate that you thought we were gonna kill you." He laughed tilting his head back for a moment moving his hand to ruffle the back of my curls deeply.

"You still are my girl." A sharp intake left me, it was like all this weight was lifted off me tossing my arms around him in the quickest hug jumping on him, he slide his arm to steady me a loud laugh leaving him when he slide and landed back on the floor.

I nuzzled my head all over his neck and on the side of his face giving him kisses that had him laughing returning, each of them that he could. The weight soon grew when three other bodies climbed on top of the large group hug pile.

"Ugh Makio you are heavy." Tengen whined playfully causing her to growl out in embarrassment her cheeks red.

"I am not!" I felt my chin being lifted up a soft kiss placed on my lips hearing the happy giggles come from Suma as she gazed into my eyes fully.

"We love you no matter what, I'm sorry I freaked out. I got slightly scared and thought someone was attacking you." I just gave her a playful look back, pecking her lips once more before a small squeak left me.

"Tengen hand off my ass." I grumbled the heat spreading through my face all the way, seeing him wiggle his eyebrows at me a couple times, causing me to facepalm him gently.